Changing homebrew icons and stuff?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by War, Aug 4, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Is it possible? I was thinking that since I'm kind of bored lately, and I really love to customize my stuff, is there a way to change the background image and icon and all that stuff of homebrew games? I know it's possible to do all that for PSX games using PSX2PSP Theme, but is such a thing possible for homebrew games?

Oh, and another thing. Anyone know if it's possible to rip FMVs from PSX games? I think you have to have the original PSX game to do it... that's what I heard. I don't want to look at the FMVs, I just want to get them out of the game completely so it will take up a lot less space.

Thanks!

2. Dermy

Dermy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2007
    United States
    Look for a program called psp brew 0.91. With that all you have to do is open the eboot, load pictures/sounds you want to use, and re save it. Use the "save pbp" button that is below the load button, not the other.

3. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Trying it out right now, thanks a lot. Also, by chance, does anyone remember that one site that had TONS of custom homebrew icons and backgrounds for the PSP? I remember it was a site that was in another language... probably japanese. It was from a guy that did custom homebrew icons and stuff for the PSP... Man I wish I would have had my computer when I found that site :\

4. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I'm only bumping this because it's on page 2 and I'm desperate to know what that japanese site with custom homebrew icons was called.

5. Seyiji

Seyiji Rawr :3

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    PA
    Well Part 7 of Leigon's PSP Hacking guide has links for custom icons and backgrounds

As far as PSOne FMV ripping:

PSMPlay

PSXMC

Check Zophars Domain for others [​IMG]

6. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Yes, but those are for PSX though. :3 I'm looking for a site that had tons of custom icons and backgrounds for homebrew applications. They looked very professional, and it was in japanese/partly english.

7. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
  8. Seyiji

Seyiji Rawr :3

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    PA
    Oops sorry I misread your post [​IMG]

9. War
    OP

War Take it easy~