Changing homebrew icons and stuff?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by War, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008

Changing homebrew icons and stuff? by War at 8:41 PM (1,155 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Is it possible? I was thinking that since I'm kind of bored lately, and I really love to customize my stuff, is there a way to change the background image and icon and all that stuff of homebrew games? I know it's possible to do all that for PSX games using PSX2PSP Theme, but is such a thing possible for homebrew games?

Oh, and another thing. Anyone know if it's possible to rip FMVs from PSX games? I think you have to have the original PSX game to do it... that's what I heard. I don't want to look at the FMVs, I just want to get them out of the game completely so it will take up a lot less space.

Thanks!

2. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Look for a program called psp brew 0.91. With that all you have to do is open the eboot, load pictures/sounds you want to use, and re save it. Use the "save pbp" button that is below the load button, not the other.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Trying it out right now, thanks a lot. Also, by chance, does anyone remember that one site that had TONS of custom homebrew icons and backgrounds for the PSP? I remember it was a site that was in another language... probably japanese. It was from a guy that did custom homebrew icons and stuff for the PSP... Man I wish I would have had my computer when I found that site :\

4. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I'm only bumping this because it's on page 2 and I'm desperate to know what that japanese site with custom homebrew icons was called.

5. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    Well Part 7 of Leigon's PSP Hacking guide has links for custom icons and backgrounds

As far as PSOne FMV ripping:

PSMPlay

PSXMC

Check Zophars Domain for others [​IMG]

6. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Yes, but those are for PSX though. :3 I'm looking for a site that had tons of custom icons and backgrounds for homebrew applications. They looked very professional, and it was in japanese/partly english.

7. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
  8. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    Oops sorry I misread your post [​IMG]

9. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan