Changing game code...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LodisKnight, Sep 2, 2010.

Sep 2, 2010

Changing game code... by LodisKnight at 3:06 AM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. LodisKnight
    OP

Newcomer LodisKnight Member

United States
    I have Disaster: Day of Crisis (RDZE01) which was not officially released, but there IS an ISO with that game code. When I load it into configurable USB Loader and look for cover art it simply will not load it because it is not recognized as a real game. I did not have this problem with USB Loader GX, but CFG is WAAAAYYYY better. I have over 700 games and having ONE with no cover is a little annoying. I tried to rename a .png file to RDZE01 and place it in the 3d covers folder, which worked in USB Loader GX, but no luck in CFG USB Loader. Is there any way to change the game code or bypass CFG requiring that the covers need to have a matching game code on WiiTDB's servers?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Change the Game ID? Some WBFS Managers allow you to do this. That's how you can have two different copies of the same game (I've got 3 MPT's, each one has a different dol patched)

3. turbotronic

Newcomer turbotronic Advanced Member

Germany
    use wiiscrubber [​IMG]

4. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    That should work.
    But there are 3 types of covers that cfg can use - 2d, 3d and full (with back)
    Different gui modes use different covers.
    So it depends which gui mode are you using?