ROM Hack Changing .CIA to .3DS file is possibly ?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt the CIA (if needed), unpack the decrypted CIA, and rebuild as .3DS.

Do I have to use a 3DS portable to do this or I only need an Encryption ROMS and the program for a Windows and thats all???

Just follow the link above after decrypt the CIA ?? Which one should I use: Using Xorpads or without it ?

I want them to use for a Citra Emulator test purpose.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to use a 3DS portable to do this or I only need an Encryption ROMS and the program for a Windows and thats all???

Just follow the link above after decrypt the CIA ?? Which one should I use: Using Xorpads or without it ?

I want them to use for a Citra Emulator test purpose.

You still need to decrypt it beforehand, but to play with citra, you don't even necessarily need a 3DS file. It handles much looser than a real 3DS. It supports directly loading CXI files, so you can just `ctrtool --contents=contents <file.cia>` and rename the first content extracted as game.cxi and open that.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need to decrypt it beforehand, but to play with citra, you don't even necessarily need a 3DS file. It handles much looser than a real 3DS. It supports directly loading CXI files, so you can just `ctrtool --contents=contents <file.cia>` and rename the first content extracted as game.cxi and open that.

Yes, I understand but I am asking if I need 3DS portable to use the decrypted tools or I can use decryption tools on the Windows to decrypted the ROMS without actually 3DS ? Thats what I am asking.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I understand but I am asking if I need 3DS portable to use the decrypted tools or I can use decryption tools on the Windows to decrypted the ROMS without actually 3DS ? Thats what I am asking.

tl;dr - No. You need a 3DS. Or xorpads someone has generated on one.

Long version - the keys on the 3DS needed to perform the decryption are inaccessible to us, and as a result there's no way to decrypt on a PC. We're capable of decrypting on the 3DS by treating crypto as a black box.

Sad truth.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr - No. You need a 3DS. Or xorpads someone has generated on one.

Long version - the keys on the 3DS needed to perform the decryption are inaccessible to us, and as a result there's no way to decrypt on a PC. We're capable of decrypting on the 3DS by treating crypto as a black box.

Sad truth.

Oh! :( Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: As He himself even stated.