Hacking changing a games region

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i change a games region from pal to ntsc.i just downloaded WiiFrii 2.3b.i was testing it on a ntsc wii game i have and i get an error when its reading the dol.i have a softmoded wii with preloader and cioscrop installed.i don't really know if i have to use wiifrii because i think preloader should give me region free for pal games but i'm not to sure.i just want to avoid seeing a black and white screen.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i change an pal region to ntsc.someone please tell me.at this moment i'm already downloading punch out pal and i don't know why WiiFrii 2.3b.is there something else i can download to change the region of a game.yeah i would download the ntsc version of punch out but most links i find of punch out are broken.

EDIT
also i find most pal games are scrubbed while ntsc games aren't at most times.

EDIT
never mind for about punch out but for future downloads i still might want to know how to change a games region.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comet77 said:
I for one never change the region but if you really need to do it then I would say search google for "Wiizle Diizle Shizzle" and look for version 1.3.

thanks for your response i will try this when a pal game comes out that doesn't come to a ntsc system first.i would try it now but right now i have no games downloaded for a pal system or ntsc system as of now had to delete to make room for punch outs download.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really is no need to change regions of games. It can be done with regionfrii, but there is really no point. Gecko OS allows you to force whatever region your wii is and eliminates the need to patch games with the correct region. Just burn the games and label them PAL, so you know that they are off region and will need NTSC to be forced to start correctly. A few games (Pikmin 2) will not work (unless you have a nice TV or a converter), but most will and patching games that don't work doesn't make them work anyway.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Use the backup launcher and choose force NTSC or PAL or whatever. =] I've played PAL on my NTSC wii.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
There really is no need to change regions of games. It can be done with regionfrii, but there is really no point. Gecko OS allows you to force whatever region your wii is and eliminates the need to patch games with the correct region. Just burn the games and label them PAL, so you know that they are off region and will need NTSC to be forced to start correctly. A few games (Pikmin 2) will not work (unless you have a nice TV or a converter), but most will and patching games that don't work doesn't make them work anyway.

i don't have gecko os so regionfrii is all i need to use before i play any pal game.i see gbatemps download section has regionfrii 1.21

QUOTE(Kurisuellegarden @ May 20 2009, 11:16 PM) Use the backup launcher and choose force NTSC or PAL or whatever. =] I've played PAL on my NTSC wii.

that doesn't really work for me if i remember right i downloaded dbzt3 and it came out black and white unless i did something wrong.not to sure because that ended up being a bad burn for me anyways stop working the same day so i bought the real copy.

anyway i will try all suggestions when i download a pal game i find most pal games scrubbed so when i'm done downloading punch out by tomorrow i'm just going to look for a pal game and download it.i have three tvs and i don't know if they all support pal but i am going to find out which one does or doesn't come out in color.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
Servdogg said:

i don't have gecko os so regionfrii is all i need to use before i play any pal game.i see gbatemps download section has regionfrii 1.21

QUOTE(Kurisuellegarden @ May 20 2009, 11:16 PM) Use the backup launcher and choose force NTSC or PAL or whatever. =] I've played PAL on my NTSC wii.

that doesn't really work for me if i remember right i downloaded dbzt3 and it came out black and white unless i did something wrong.not to sure because that ended up being a bad burn for me anyways stop working the same day so i bought the real copy.

anyway i will try all suggestions when i download a pal game i find most pal games scrubbed so when i'm done downloading punch out by tomorrow i'm just going to look for a pal game and download it.i have three tvs and i don't know if they all support pal but i am going to find out which one does or doesn't come out in color.
Gecko OS is not difficult to obtain. There's more places to download Homebrew than just GBATemp.
tongue.gif

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 and Servdogg

just got gecko tested on Tatsunoko vs Capcom worked like on my gamma launcher.i always thought i needed usb for gecko to use gecko os.i should have done research on this to find out it was like gamma launcher but probably better since it gets updates and when you told me to just go to wiibrew i found out a new one just came out.

although i started this thread just to know how to make pal games run in color i don't think i'm going to have a problem with those games anymore because as of today i have to launchers to test them on and one of them should work perfect with them.

i want to know if there is an pal game that never came to a ntsc wii so i can actually waste my time downloading a pal game.i don't care if the game sucks just name it but if there is a good title i would like that.

so far for wiiware games free the wads work for me for a pal game not coming to an ntsc wii till the end of this year called Project Bang!.anyway i'm just trying to make my wii a region free system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD