Hacking Changing a Game ID

speedy2721

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change a Wiis game ID for that it will be able save as a different file? I would want to change my Game ID of the PAL version of Metroid Prime to the NTSC version so that I can use a NTSC game save. Thanks to anyone that helps.

speedy2721

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using that program and it didn't work. I used a NTSC Mario Kart and changed it to the PAL game ID but it still used the NTSC gamesave I already had.

How would I use USB loader GX to change the Game ID?

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet I was wondering if this were possible, Now I have two copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy on my USB HDD each with their own ID so I no longer have to switch the .dol I load 1 or 2 with.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way most programs (including usb loader gx) change the ID, they are only changing the Id of the game, not the save data. You need to edit the partition.bin stuff. Get your meathooks on this... gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128215 or even easier is TheGHOSTWiiIsoTool.exe. The first is a tool made by dack which can change a whole bunch of useful stuff. The second is a tool written for making GH3/A custom discs and at the very bottom it says "thanks to dack...blablabla" so both methods are gonna end up doing the same thing. The second (and much easier) is only for GH custom games though.

speedy2721

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks giantpune for the link, that seems to be what I need. I tried it but I cant get the disk to work, but I am guessing that I am doing something wrong. I will report back when I get it working to see if it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1