DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a used "new" japanese 3ds, and i changed the region some time ago to US. I cannot access US eshop as expected, but now i want to change the region back from US to Japan to be able to download the 22 free DLC songs from Theatrhythm Dragon Quest. I have not found any way to add this songs as i think they are saved in the "external saved data", so i think the only way is to download them directly from the japanese eshop. There are some DLC cia`s out there for this game, but they dont work, nothing happens when you install them.

If i change the region back to Japan, will I be able to access the eshop?

I am using a 64gb microsd and its full, so i dont want to reinstall everything again once i region change to Japan and reinstall everything again once i switch back to US. So, can i use a spare micro sd to do the region changing, download the songs, back them up, switch the region again back to US, copy/restore the dlc songs to my current micro sd and use that micro sd again like nothing happened?? I mean, will my current microsd card still be recognized after all this region changing without problems?

Or i can do a nand backup before changing region, do the region changing with a spare micro sd, and then restore the nand with my current micro sd?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to re-access the Japanese region again if you CTR-Transfer again according to https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

After region changing you need to do the CTRtransfer ticket copy according to the guide, but Im not 100% sure if you can access eshop, no one has really posted here about changing to a different region and then changing it back to it original region. Perhaps @TurdPooCharger and @Quantumcat can help you out with this.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You should be able to re-access the Japanese region again if you CTR-Transfer again according to https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

After region changing you need to do the CTRtransfer ticket copy according to the guide, but Im not 100% sure if you can access eshop, no one has really posted here about changing to a different region and then changing it back to it original region. Perhaps @TurdPooCharger and @Quantumcat can help you out with this.

Well, i guess i will not find out if im able to access eshop again, as i just resolved my problem. I just had to change the locale in luma to JPN for the DLC to work.... i completely forgot about this, I just tried it and the dlc songs appeared.

So i dont have a reason anymore to change back to the original region. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Hayato213
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

:(

Quantumcat's last blog entry.

How to (temporarily) region change the New 3DS firmware to access its native Nintendo eShop
  1. Backup the SysNAND (to keep the USA firmware & for safety).
  2. Rename the Nintendo 3DS folder on the microSD card to something else like Nintendo 3DS (main).
  3. Region change the 3DS firmware back to JPN with either CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer (Type D9).
  4. System SettingsOther SettingsSystem Update to the latest version firmware.
  5. Attempt to access JPN region Nintendo eShop.
  6. (Conditional) If eShop access is denied, you need to create a new user profile: System SettingsOther SettingsFormat System Memory.
    • WARNING #1: Step 1 is required to restore your original setup. Format System Memory erases all your personal user info like Friend List, NNID, Miis, data encryption, etc.
    • WARNING #2: Step 2 is required because a system reformat will erase the Nintendo 3DS folder.
  7. Download all the games, dlcs, and updates from JPN eShop.
  8. Backup these titles into CIAs.
  9. (Optional) Backup the SysNAND (in case you need to revisit JPN eShop some other day).
  10. Restore the SysNAND with the image made from step 1.
  11. Delete the (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder. Rename Nintendo 3DS (main) back to Nintendo 3DS.
  12. FBI install the CIAs made from step 8.

Starrinasky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i guess i will not find out if im able to access eshop again, as i just resolved my problem. I just had to change the locale in luma to JPN for the DLC to work.... i completely forgot about this, I just tried it and the dlc songs appeared.

So i dont have a reason anymore to change back to the original region. Thanks anyway.
sorry for replying to a post from two years ago, but trying to get this dlc and you are the only person i can find who says they were able to get it without using the jpn e shop. I have downloaded multiple cia’s claiming to be the dlc but they all just seem to contain the four present songs. I changed locale as well and nothing but those dlc songs appear. do you still have the cia with the 22 e shop songs? how much space does it take? trying to tell if I could somehow get this dlc on an american 3ds, if i’m just doing something wrong or if i need a different file.

Edit: Sorry I just realized my mistake after posting this reply. I had to show all in the locale changer and change both the dlc and game to jpn, for all the songs to show up

Last edited by Starrinasky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)