Homebrew Change brightness while in game ?

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Do you guys know if it is possible to code something that will be memory resident and give us the possibility to change screen brightness while in-game with a special buttons combo for example ?

Last edited by Amilord,

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or you could just press HOME and change it in like 5 seconds.

Yeah thx, but it's not that convenient and you lose focus.
This is about developping something that is memory resident. Is it possible to code something like that or while in game you do not have the possibility to execute a homebrew (shared memory, context switch etc) ?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah thx, but it's not that convenient and you lose focus.
This is about developping something that is memory resident. Is it possible to code something like that or while in game you do not have the possibility to execute a homebrew (shared memory, context switch etc) ?

Yes, it is possible (without NTR) to do this. And by abusing the way how the launching of extended titles work it may also be possible to make it work in extended mode.

But ye, NTR also does this, and it may be more convenient for most people instead of using hardcoded keycombos only.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ? I do not know this cfw. I'm new to 3ds homebrew world. I have Luma, is it possible to change for NTR easily or having both installed ?
Ntr cfw isnt actually a cfw. It's a proccess that runs alongside your cfw, mainly used for cheats and wireless streaming. You can download ntr cfw selector through the titledb feature in fbi.

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ntr cfw isnt actually a cfw. It's a proccess that runs alongside your cfw, mainly used for cheats and wireless streaming. You can download ntr cfw selector through the titledb feature in fbi.

Hi, Thx, I tried to download NTR CFW Selector from FBI but I got a 404 error. I saw that there are things called bootNTR are they related to NTR CFW Selector ?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be so noob, but I do not find this on the github of Ryuzaki-MrL. I only found the bootNTR Selector here https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/
Is it the same kind of thing or should I only get the NTR CFW Selector and not BootNTR ?
do you know how to scan the qr codes with fbi? first open fbi, then go to the bottom and click remote install. then click scan qr code.

here is the qr code that you should scan:

Capture.PNG

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you know how to scan the qr codes with fbi? first open fbi, then go to the bottom and click remote install. then click scan qr code.

here is the qr code that you should scan:

Thank you ^^. I gave it a try, works well. However I still think a direct hotkey bind to increase/decrease brightness directly is more convenient (at least for me ;))
Is there a dev wiki where I can gather some info and try to code such a program myself (I have C/python background, don't know what language is used for 3ds homebrew) ?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you ^^. I gave it a try, works well. However I still think a direct hotkey bind to increase/decrease brightness directly is more convenient (at least for me ;))
Is there a dev wiki where I can gather some info and try to code such a program myself (I have C/python background, don't know what language is used for 3ds homebrew) ?

Im not sure. if you look around the source code for bootntr (search Nanquitas on github) and find the stuff for keybinds and brightness, you could probebly create a plugin for ntr that would let you do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao