Which version do you use?

• Total voters

xanthux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys can someone help me with the Windows method, I do everything that is in the guide, I'm using Virtual router in a laptop(conected by ethernet).

Anyway I've tried a bunch of times I create the connection, the 3Ds detects it and the nintendo zone but I can't connect to it at all, I got to connect once in like 4 hours of trying, sometimes it passes the authentication phase other times it doesn't, anyway even after connecting I end up losing the conection after I get otu of settings, I get no streepasses at all.

Does anyone know why I just can't connect? I've used a bunch of diferent macs and I always get an error(most of the times on the authentication like I said above, I just don't understand, everything seems to be fine till the point I connect with the 3DS.

Is it supposed not to connect at all? or the conection should show as successfull?

Tks
I think we have the same problem. Before changing your MAC, can you connect to the internet?

Dynastid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some advice for people having difficulties connecting at all.

Please note that Windows 7 Starter edition (free edition) is not capable of sharing internet, using Ethernet, or bridging connections (not that you'd need to bridge for this). So if you're attempting this on a Win7 Starter OS, you're out of luck.

*First, it would be good to make sure that these services are all up and running before you can do anything:
  • Application Layer Gateway Service
  • Network Connections
  • Network Location Awareness (NLA)
  • Plug and Play
  • Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
  • Remote Access Connection Manager
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • Telephony
If one or more of these services aren't running, start them, and go into properties to make sure they automatically start on start-up.

*Next, be absolutely positive that your USB wi-fi dongle's driver was installed correctly.
It took me 3 tries for mine to install right. And because of that, I wasn't able to spoof its MAC address until it was installed correctly. Also, make sure that it isn't connected to your internet, or anything at all for that matter, but make sure that it's functional and running. I recommend using TMAC v6 to manually change the wi-fi dongle's MAC address. If it doesn't allow you to change it manually, and you get an error, that means there's something wrong. Either try re-installing its driver, or use a different one.

*Then, turn OFF your Windows Firewall. Mine prevents my 3DS from keeping a stable enough connection to get a StreetPass hit. Just don't have web browsers open, and you'll be fine.

*Last, if another computer in your household is stealing all the bandwidth and making it hard to connect, just disconnect it. xD

I hope this is helpful to those of you that can't seem to connect!

--Chaldron, thank you for your wonderful MAC cycler tools!

konmatz

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have a very specific problem i believe that you can help me. I do everything right, i have an attwifi creaated which gives me internet access to my 3ds. When i have same mac adress to my attwifi with my "Wi-Fi" network everything works fine. so i put my 3ds with one and only one connection saved to sleep and then i start mac v5 max. The first time that the mac adress of the WiFi network changes the 3ds loses connection to the internet and never finds it back again. I have no streetpass hits or connection to the internet if i wake my console up.....!!

i know the problem is the change of the mac address because the first time i try to stop mac v5 and restore the mac address f WiFi to the same of the attwifi i take my connection fully back....any ideas??

Dynastid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
konmatz

You shouldn't have to spoof the MAC address of your attwifi... in fact, I didn't even think that was possible...
Try to revert the changes. I don't recommend doing that, as it slows things down, and I believe there are workarounds. What's your OS?

Also, don't leave two 3DSs to connect in succession. My boyfriend and I left both of our 3DSs to connect, and strange things started to happen... He got the first StreetPass hit, then I got a StreetPass hit from him shortly after--AND it hadn't even been the full 8 hours since we had a normal StreetPass. Next thing we realized, we were only simultaneously StreetPassing each other half the time. I fiddled with my Wi-Fi adapter's MAC address to try to get it to stop.... didn't change a thing. So I ended up having him disconnect from my 'attwifi' point, changed my wireless connection to a wired connection, and now it actually seems to be consistently working, leaving only 2 minutes (120 seconds) in between MAC changes!
Edit: It's tooootally working with the wired connection. Sooooo many streetpasses.

My recommendations for you... I could be wrong, but try this... (and try to get this to work without spoofing a MAC over your attwifi)

*Uninstall and reinstall your USB Wi-Fi driver. If that still doesn't work for you, try out a few different USB Wi-Fi dongles, if you can.
*Make sure your internet connection isn't too fussy... Just make sure you have a good connection that doesn't break. That's why it's recommended that you use a wired LAN connection. It's still possible to have terrible internet with a wired connection, though. :P Just make sure it can connect fine and that your connection isn't going out on you randomly.
*If you don't already have it, download and install Virtual Router. If you have the GUI pulled up, you should at least be able to see your 3DS connecting to your access point. You can see its IP, and if I'm not mistaken, its StreetPass MAC (which changes). If you see it connecting on the Virtual Router user interface, that's a good sign. Some MACs might not give you StreetPass hits. Don't sweat it! Just continue to cycle through them.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but could those that have this working 100% with mac spoofing post/PM me, telling me what exact adapter they have, ie: Netgear MA111 v1
Please? I'd like to get a list of working wlan adapters going.

xanthux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
konmatz

You shouldn't have to spoof the MAC address of your attwifi... in fact, I didn't even think that was possible...
Try to revert the changes. I don't recommend doing that, as it slows things down, and I believe there are workarounds. What's your OS?

Also, don't leave two 3DSs to connect in succession. My boyfriend and I left both of our 3DSs to connect, and strange things started to happen... He got the first StreetPass hit, then I got a StreetPass hit from him shortly after--AND it hadn't even been the full 8 hours since we had a normal StreetPass. Next thing we realized, we were only simultaneously StreetPassing each other half the time. I fiddled with my Wi-Fi adapter's MAC address to try to get it to stop.... didn't change a thing. So I ended up having him disconnect from my 'attwifi' point, changed my wireless connection to a wired connection, and now it actually seems to be consistently working, leaving only 2 minutes (120 seconds) in between MAC changes!
Edit: It's tooootally working with the wired connection. Sooooo many streetpasses.

My recommendations for you... I could be wrong, but try this... (and try to get this to work without spoofing a MAC over your attwifi)

*Uninstall and reinstall your USB Wi-Fi driver. If that still doesn't work for you, try out a few different USB Wi-Fi dongles, if you can.
*Make sure your internet connection isn't too fussy... Just make sure you have a good connection that doesn't break. That's why it's recommended that you use a wired LAN connection. It's still possible to have terrible internet with a wired connection, though. :P Just make sure it can connect fine and that your connection isn't going out on you randomly.
*If you don't already have it, download and install Virtual Router. If you have the GUI pulled up, you should at least be able to see your 3DS connecting to your access point. You can see its IP, and if I'm not mistaken, its StreetPass MAC (which changes). If you see it connecting on the Virtual Router user interface, that's a good sign. Some MACs might not give you StreetPass hits. Don't sweat it! Just continue to cycle through them.

I have the EXACT same problem as konmatz. I tried disabling my Firewall, but it still doesn't work.

So I checked using the Virtual Router Manager, and it detects my 3DS as peers connected. Although it says the Host Name and IP Address could not be found.

Dynastid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xanthux, is your OS Win7? Also, are you using an ethernet cord at all?

Also, it's perfectly okay that Virtual Router Manager can't detect the host name or IP. In my case, it doesn't always detect it. If you want to send me screenshots of your Network Connections (in "change adapter settings"), I can take a look and try to help you the best I can. To me, it sounds like you've got the right configuration, but something should be changed to improve your connection to the internet. I could be wrong, though.... I'd like to help, I wouldn't want you guys to miss out on this glorious StreetPass frenzy! xD

konmatz

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i checked everything. The laptop is connected directly and only by cord to the router (i unplugged the ethernet hub) my Wi-Fi connection is running and disconnected as described and the attwifi takes internet from the cord network which is shared. Virtual router detects 3ds (the one and only that exists in the house) both its Ip and mac adress. Also i have technitium mac address changer to watch my macs. I manage to connect to the internet and the attwifi with my 3ds ONLY when the Wi-Fi connection is changed to a same mac address with attwifi. so here's what i do step by step.

I start my hosted network named attwifi.
I share the cord network and open technitium to check the macs. If WiFi has different mac from attwifi 3ds does not connect to the internet but only to the network.
so i change the WiFi mac.
I get attwifi back up running from cmd. Check the connection with the 3ds (everything ok)
Put Nintendo 3ds to sleep close control panel and start mac v5 max cycler.
Thefirst time the mac of WiFi is changed BANG i lose connection to 3ds even if the control panel says attwifi offers internet connection.

I ve tried everything a million times. My OS is win7 professional, the laptop a toshiba sattelite c870 and the wifi controller a realtek RTL8188CE which is installed and uninstalled 10 times in 3 days!! Windows firewall off.....AAAAARGHHHH my kingdom for a homepass!!!

Siras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have it all set up and working with a fairly new Asus laptop with Win 8(Dont know model, its my girlfriends). Ive gotten loads of streetpass hits and I actually got the badge in ACNL today :)

But I've also tried to set it up with an older computer an Asus eeepc 1201n with a Atheros Lan card and Realtek 8191se wireless card. With the later configuration I just can't get it to work, so I guess there is an issue with the hardware, i even did a clean install of Win 7 on this laptop without success.

lilpuddy31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been fiddling with this trick for a few days and got everything to start with no problems. I just started to Mac Cycle about 5 minutes ago but no hits yet...

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only issue I have for now: sometimes the wireless adapter doesn't conect to the router afteer the MAC change, it says "Limited Conection! or "Unkown Conection" (Dunno the exact english transaltions on Windows, because my Windows is in Latin Spanish)

xanthux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xanthux, is your OS Win7? Also, are you using an ethernet cord at all?

Also, it's perfectly okay that Virtual Router Manager can't detect the host name or IP. In my case, it doesn't always detect it. If you want to send me screenshots of your Network Connections (in "change adapter settings"), I can take a look and try to help you the best I can. To me, it sounds like you've got the right configuration, but something should be changed to improve your connection to the internet. I could be wrong, though.... I'd like to help, I wouldn't want you guys to miss out on this glorious StreetPass frenzy! xD
6avDHuR.png

gl6Q0av.jpg
This is the real problem. Once I've changed the MAC address, my 3DS can still detect the Nintendo Zone, but the internet is not connected (by the browser, not the Nintendo Zone app). But if I revert it back to its original MAC, it's ok again.

Dynastid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like there are some incompatible USB WLAN adapters.... As in, you might have to purchase one that's known to work. I wouldn't normally suggest you go shell out money immediately because I'm a little bit of a penny-pincher... But I do believe BerserkLeon here is working on a compilation list of USB WLAN adapters that allow MAC spoofing and work for this particular HomePass method. He might be able to give you pointers as to what you should or shouldn't be using.

Edit: Also, rename "Wireless Network Connection" to "Wi-Fi" for the cycler.

lilpuddy31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wel, I left Max Cycle run all night, didn't get a single streetpass, I don't know what I did wrong but everything appeared to be working correctly...

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the cycler with Virtual Router, and I still get no hits. Should I start the cycler first, and then Virtual Router, or the other way around. I am using a wireless adapter on my laptop.

Edit: Never mind. I renamed the wireless network to Wi-Fi. I finally got my first tag!
Edit 2: Another question. If I close the Cycler. Will the MAC return to normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission