Chained Echoes won't run / display image in the menu after installing update

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Is this a sign my SD Card is faulty or that I need to install the latest firmware? I'm on 14.1.2 (apparently there are several? Not sure which one I have) and I had a similar problem with Pokemon Scarlet earlier - uninstalled the update and installed some more games, then reinstalled the update, and the game is running fully updated again. I sure hope it's not a memory card problem! At the same time, it would be really nice to be able to play everything new that's released later this year.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you try to disable Wi-Fi? Some games will be stuck on boot if you are connected to internet and have Incognito/90DNS/dns.mitm blocked Nintendo servers. One of easy solutions is to turn off Wi-Fi completely before running game.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: binkinator

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a sign my SD Card is faulty or that I need to install the latest firmware? I'm on 14.1.2 (apparently there are several? Not sure which one I have) and I had a similar problem with Pokemon Scarlet earlier - uninstalled the update and installed some more games, then reinstalled the update, and the game is running fully updated again. I sure hope it's not a memory card problem! At the same time, it would be really nice to be able to play everything new that's released later this year.
most new games and game updates now requires firmware 15
update your firmware and try again

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try to disable Wi-Fi? Some games will be stuck on boot if you are connected to internet and have Incognito/90DNS/dns.mitm blocked Nintendo servers. One of easy solutions is to turn off Wi-Fi completely before running game.
Just tested the hypothesis to make sure.

I have properly working dns:mitm, exosphere and the two SaltyNoNuts patches from @hippy dave and @bestpig.
I turned off SaltyNoNuts and rebooted with just dns:mitm and exosphere on and was able to play latest update of Chained Echos w/o issue.
It would seem that network comms are not required for this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k