Hacking CFW with looking at Smash

tRIXelele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I got CFW to all save files on my computer to for example use pkhex.
I installed cfw without backuping because most videos said dont do it with 32gb after some research I found its possible with 32gb so I factory reset my switch and backupped the rawnand, no bootfiles.
As the titles says I want to play Smash and probably online,but as I already noticed its not safe to play online with cfw.
So what is now the best way to get my Switch ready to play online but maybe also edit/safe my save files?
Yes I made some mistake but I know what answers to questions.
I also know that I well never my switch as clean as before installing cfw atleast not atm.

EDIT : So I really like to know what would be the way I have the lowest risk of getting banned ?
I know I can get banned it would be my fault, but what to do now to lower the risk ?
Maybe factory reset again safe all necessary files to have a "clean" version with that I can play online with the lowest risk.
But also have the opportunity to CFW again for Pkhex and than get old rawnand on to play online again?

Last edited by tRIXelele,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
could still need some help

Help with what? You're already been told if you use CFW or even homebrew and go online will will be flaged and eventually banned. Only way to stay safe with hacks is to NOT connect online EVER. Delete your connection settings, go on airplane mode and never EVER go online

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your already flagged. If you aren’t banned yet then when u connect online it will only be a matter of time.

So when smash comes out you will be able to connect online but you will “most likely” be instant banned right after

Me personally I was able to play splatoon for 3 weeks online before they banned me so you might get lucky and be able to get a couple days out of it before they ban u. But the fact is your already flagged on their servers for using homebrew(save editing) so going online is just asking to be banned

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Should've made a complete backup (boot0/1 included) BEFORE any CFW usage. Supposedly some CFW traces just can't be removed, and there will always be a risk, unless you made a CLEAN backup before doing anything cfw related, and have never been online since that backup was made (because otherwise, some logs might go missing when you restore the backup, and then the obvious break in continuity can still get you flagged).

Last edited by bundat,

tRIXelele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your already flagged. If you aren’t banned yet then when u connect online it will only be a matter of time.

So when smash comes out you will be able to connect online but you will “most likely” be instant banned right after

Me personally I was able to play splatoon for 3 weeks online before they banned me so you might get lucky and be able to get a couple days out of it before they ban u. But the fact is your already flagged on their servers for using homebrew(save editing) so going online is just asking to be banned

Can maybe tell me what you did ?
Because to be fair I didn’t go into apps.
I installed it watched of how use Checkpoint for backups and that was it basically.
I made backups with no internet connection.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it watched of how use Checkpoint for backups and that was it basically.
You'll be banned inevitably if you go online. At this point you have the option to essentially choose when to let them know you got yourself banned (by going online).If you do so when you go online you'll have however long it takes them to ban you to play games and such. Could be minutes could be weeks.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't do anything special. I installed nsps with tinfoil and had retroarch installed. I just went online with splatoon to see if i would get caught. It took 3 weeks for them to ban me.

tRIXelele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thankful for the honest replies !
One more question till you guys can spend time not replying to a noob :DD
So with knowing I will get banned and with the rumours about a updated Switch, I will probably buy the new one or a new one.
Obviously if I use my old account on the "new" Switch the Switch will get banned.
But what I heard is that for example Pokémon save files are are connected with the user, aren't they?
Because I heard you can make new users to have different save files but if I buy a new Switch and maybe let the old be jailbroken, is there a way to get the save files to new account that I will create with the new Switch ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-