Hacking CFW The homebrew launcher error

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hi. i finish setup CFW and install some game from Freeshop.

now i test open The homebrew launcher = black screen and wording "request the actual payload url with http xxxx"

after 2-3 second. it go to blakc screen with

An exception occur
Processsor Arm11(core1)
exception type : data abort
current process > menu(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you can find a dump in the following file: dumpt/arm11/crash_dump_00000000001.dmp
press any button to shutdown

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i finish setup CFW and install some game from Freeshop.

now i test open The homebrew launcher = black screen and wording "request the actual payload url with http xxxx"

after 2-3 second. it go to blakc screen with

An exception occur
Processsor Arm11(core1)
exception type : data abort
current process > menu(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you can find a dump in the following file: dumpt/arm11/crash_dump_00000000001.dmp
press any button to shutdown
How are you booting HomeBrew? Rosalina doesn't work with HaX payloads so you can't use ANY homebrew exploit besides launching it through Rosalina on Luma 8.X+.

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hm. i just click at homebrew launcher icon on screen. then it try to loade homebrew and error.

i just CFW from website https://3ds.guide/

mine is japanese 3DS with version 5. so i follow all the step and download marion game for test . it work fine. Then i just saw icon homebrew launcher. so i test click . it show error T T

did i miss something when install.?

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Do you have the "3dsx.boot" file on the root of your SD card?
b9dPb
https://imgur.com/a/b9dPb
b9dPb

i think i dont have it . where to find it .. Moreover. now i test download 5-10 game at freeshop . it has same error as homebrew. the exception occur. T T

does it has any way to check that my install CFW success.

Last edited by kimnue,

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
one question.. can i reinstall CFW again. but now the version is change and region also change to US. so what version from 3ds.guide i should follow

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean boot.3dsx?
I did, had a moment of dyslexia there but it doesn't matter in the slightest as there is only ONE such named file associated.... And OP has it on their SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one question.. can i reinstall CFW again. but now the version is change and region also change to US. so what version from 3ds.guide i should follow
Your region change is more than likely your entire issue. I've never done it because it's unnecessary. Re doing the CFW installation isn't going to help since it's not a B9S or Luma issue (could be a Luma issue I guess but I doubt it).... If I were you I would change my region back to what it's supposed to be and see if everything starts working. You should really only be using region changed emunand, you shouldn't do it on sysNAND.

I don't understand why people buy foreign consoles if they can't read the language. Luma is region free itself, so it's pointless to use an out of region console as your everyday. If you want Japanese collector's editions, hack them (or don't) and leave them be. There is no good reason to use an out of region console as an everyday, you could have just as easily imported one from the US and not had to do any of this...

Reactions: MrMcTiller

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I did, had a moment of dyslexia there but it doesn't matter in the slightest as there is only ONE such named file associated.... And OP has it on their SD card.

Your region change is more than likely your entire issue. I've never done it because it's unnecessary. Re doing the CFW installation isn't going to help since it's not a B9S or Luma issue (could be a Luma issue I guess but I doubt it).... If I were you I would change my region back to what it's supposed to be and see if everything starts working. You should really only be using region changed emunand, you shouldn't do it on sysNAND.

I don't understand why people buy foreign consoles if they can't read the language. Luma is region free itself, so it's pointless to use an out of region console as your everyday. If you want Japanese collector's editions, hack them (or don't) and leave them be. There is no good reason to use an out of region console as an everyday, you could have just as easily imported one from the US and not had to do any of this...

hi Majickhat55
u mean i should go to setting => region => change back to JP and see how it goes right?
will test it thank.

i suspect another issue. after install CFW . it has 2 blank icon at my screen . but it annoy. so i delete it at data management . After that i find exception occur .

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

hi i test change region back to jpn. still notwork

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ok.. this issue is very weird for me. i guess the problem is only for Old 3DS aqual model.

becasue i do CFW for 2 OLD 3DS . one is aqua , one is black . Both are from japanese .

Black model . homebrew work fine.
Aqua model . home brew error

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok.. this issue is very weird for me. i guess the problem is only for Old 3DS aqual model.

becasue i do CFW for 2 OLD 3DS . one is aqua , one is black . Both are from japanese .

Black model . homebrew work fine.
Aqua model . home brew error
Do you have the right boot.3dsx (fresh download from the guide) and are you opening it through setting the launcher to download play using Rosalina?

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Do you have the right boot.3dsx (fresh download from the guide) and are you opening it through setting the launcher to download play using Rosalina?
hm.. not sure i will recheck boot.3dsx

what about are u opening it throught setting the laucher to download play using rosalina . what is that mean?

oh i know what u mean now. ok. for the step the press down + L + select. i already pass that step and install FBI and install homebrew launcher 11.3 by cia arleady.
the problem is after i have homebrew launcher at home screen. when i click at it. it will error exception occur ARM11.

another 3ds (black color) no issue.
T T

after retest change boot.firm and boot.3dsx again. still same error T T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte