• Total voters

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I see what you're saying :P

Anyways, I'm not forcing anyone not to give their viewpoints, everyone is free to give their own ;)
Interesting read, nonetheless. I didn't know about the "retard comment" from the Rebug team. The Columbus/NASA/spaceship analogy was also quite amusing. Not sure if you've voted yet, but the current score is 6 all and has been pretty much a stalemate all along. Btw, I voted for Rebug.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting read, nonetheless. I didn't know about the "retard comment" from the Rebug team. The Columbus/NASA/spaceship analogy was also quite amusing. Not sure if you've voted yet, but the current score is 6 all and has been pretty much a stalemate all along. Btw, I voted for Rebug.
Yeap I have voted already, guess what? I voted for [cough]Rogero[/cough] ummmm I mean Rebug :P

akariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
isnt there a way to just keep, multiman on version 3.55cfw, what happens if we need to downgrade later on for some reason?

Also, in the past, there used to ways of dycripting the boot file in order to skip upgrade step, is this not the case anymore?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
isnt there a way to just keep, multiman on version 3.55cfw, what happens if we need to downgrade later on for some reason?

Also, in the past, there used to ways of dycripting the boot file in order to skip upgrade step, is this not the case anymore?
You can stay on 3.55 CFW but you will have to keep looking for eboot patches for latest games and updates and that can be a a pain in the a$$.

Also, no spoofers are being released for 3.55 CFW anymore so there's always a risk of accidental updates to the latest OFW.

You can always downgrade from 4.xx CFW to 3.55 CFW if you want to and it's very easy especially if you go with Rebug. You just enable QA and install Rebug 3.55.4 from XMB.

Reactions: mechadylan

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What mschumacher69 said. Rogero offers a dowgrader pup as well, but I believe you expressed an unwillingness to go with Rogero. Regardless, the option exists there as well.

Elaborate please? I don't exactly understand the question.

akariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
was watching on youtube and reading about patching game as means of an alternative to update to higher versions...as i dont feel confortable updating as it seems both Rogero and Rebug still undergoing testing or just prototypes with some know issues or glitches...im not an expert but been reading a lot on this and also this tread "Rogero " or "Rebug" puts me more in doubt of not updating to either and wait final realeases and then decide what is the best choice from there.

Dont get me wrong, if had big "balls" i would definetly go for both and try them out, but seen a lot of ppl bricking their consoles along the way and i just recently started to enjoy thanks to this forum my jailbreak console, so still not grown up in full as you all.

But in future, i do hope i get in the same level/hability of upgrading and downgrading and hopefully come to the stage of helping others in the same way this forum has and all of you have doen for me so far.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was watching on youtube and reading about patching game as means of an alternative to update to higher versions...as i dont feel confortable updating as it seems both Rogero and Rebug still undergoing testing or just prototypes with some know issues or glitches...im not an expert but been reading a lot on this and also this tread "Rogero " or "Rebug" puts me more in doubt of not updating to either and wait final realeases and then decide what is the best choice from there.

Dont get me wrong, if had big "balls" i would definetly go for both and try them out, but seen a lot of ppl bricking their consoles along the way and i just recently started to enjoy thanks to this forum my jailbreak console, so still not grown up in full as you all.

But in future, i do hope i get in the same level/hability of upgrading and downgrading and hopefully come to the stage of helping others in the same way this forum has and all of you have doen for me so far.
I believe you are talking about individual EBOOT patches for specific games. Yes, this is still around, but they aren't as easy to find as a lot of people have migrated to CFW 4.xx to avoid patching each and every new game that's out. As for "big balls," dude, if you moved onto CFW 3.55 from OFW, your balls are plenty big. OFW 3.55 to CFW 3.55 was way riskier than the new CFWs out now.

akariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...As for "big balls," dude, if you moved onto CFW 3.55 from OFW, your balls are plenty big. OFW 3.55 to CFW 3.55 was way riskier than the new CFWs out now...

ololol..Thx man, and thx to Cyan as well for he's tutorial.
Like i said, if it wasnt for this forum&u all, i would still b chasing my parents for games... finnaly giving the old man's wallet some rest...ololol

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you are talking about individual EBOOT patches for specific games. Yes, this is still around, but they aren't as easy to find as a lot of people have migrated to CFW 4.xx to avoid patching each and every new game that's out. As for "big balls," dude, if you moved onto CFW 3.55 from OFW, your balls are plenty big. OFW 3.55 to CFW 3.55 was way riskier than the new CFWs out now.
I agree, 4.xx CFWs have reached the stability stage at this point and it's extremely easy to update.

Rogero and many the others do keep "testing and prototypes", but if you go with Rebug, it's the most reliable and stable CFW out there and they never release unless tested properly.

I have posted this link before, but here it is again, it's a detailed comparison between Rebug and Rogero:
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=55639

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is the Rebug LITE edition then, you don't need the full blown REX edition!

So Rebug 4.41.2 would be fine for you.
Well, I took your advice. After sitting on Rebug 4.30.2 for a while, I updated to Rebug 4.41.2 LITE and came to find out that it's not multiMan compatible. I'd downgrade back to Rebug 4.30.2, but it's not compatible with PS2 to PSClassics. Looks like it's back to Rogero for me...unless of course there's a new mM update out, which I can't find.

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I took your advice. After sitting on Rebug 4.30.2 for a while, I updated to Rebug 4.41.2 LITE and came to find out that it's not multiMan compatible. I'd downgrade back to Rebug 4.30.2, but it's not compatible with PS2 to PSClassics. Looks like it's back to Rogero for me...unless of course there's a new mM update out, which I can't find.

I'm on MultiMan 4.4, and Rebug 4.41.2 LITE. Thus far I have had no issues running MultiMan, for me I can't run the latest Iris Manager though.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on MultiMan 4.4, and Rebug 4.41.2 LITE. Thus far I have had no issues running MultiMan, for me I can't run the latest Iris Manager though.
To be fair, it's not "completely" incompatible, just the BD Emu. I always keep a disk in the drive and have never bothered with the "discless" feature.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
You need the latest mM (4.40.00) for Rebug 4.41.2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4idgq

Rebug 4.30.2 is compatible with PS2 Classics.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
That's right, Iris Manager hasn't been updated to support 4.41 CFW, mM 4.40.00 is the only Backup Manager compatible with 4.41 CFW atm.

To be fair, it's not "completely" incompatible, just the BD Emu. I always keep a disk in the drive and have never bothered with the "discless" feature.

BD Emu has nothing to do with discless, it's the payload that makes the games work. If BD Emu is not working, games cannot be mounted.

As I said, just use the latest version of mM and you'll be fine.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost certain that I'm on mM 4.40.00 (05/03/2013,) but I'll give it a shot. Are you on Rebug 4.41.2 yourself? I noticed that you haven't changed your signature.
Not yet, I haven't had time to update yet and I'm in the middle of a game, I usually don't update while in the middle of a game.

But I'm more than certain that mM 4.40.00 is fully compatible with Rebug 4.41.2. Dean released it specifically for this CFW and it has been tested and confirmed to be compatible by many users.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't get it to work. Wound up downgrading to Rebug 4.30.2 and reinstalling mM 4.30.00 and it's working fine now. You were right about PS2 Classics, btw. I read on a tut that Rebug users had to be on the latest Rebug CFW, but failed to notice that it was dated March 2013.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't get it to work. Wound up downgrading to Rebug 4.30.2 and reinstalling mM 4.30.00 and it's working fine now. You were right about PS2 Classics, btw. I read on a tut that Rebug users had to be on the latest Rebug CFW, but failed to notice that it was dated March 2013.
It works, you just had to re-enable the BD-ROM emulator (bottom option in settings) and restart multiMAN because you ran the old version of mM on Rebug 4.41 before installing mM 4.40.00:

dean said:
NOTE: If you ran multiMAN on 4.41 before this update, you will need to re-enable the BD-ROM emulator (bottom option in settings) and restart multiMAN for it to work.

Source: http://techbliss.org/threads/multiman-4-40-00-update-for-4-41-cfw.361/

Reactions: mechadylan

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works, you just had to re-enable the BD-ROM emulator (bottom option in settings) and restart multiMAN because you ran the old version of mM on Rebug 4.41 before installing mM 4.40.00:

Source: http://techbliss.org/threads/multiman-4-40-00-update-for-4-41-cfw.361/
Thanks for the link. Already downgraded to Rebug 4.30 so I'll just leave it as is for now with the spoofer on. Also noticed in your link that lastGAME is not working on mM 4.40.00 at all. I kinda like this feature so I'll stick with mM 4.30.00 as well. I must say though, it's nice to be able to downgrade Rebug's CFWs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16