Hacking CFW questions on the switch

Blunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicially i just got myself a switch and would love to play my gamecube/wii games on it.
I have experience having custom firmware on my Nintendo DS and 3DS systems and am a tech savy, so when having a glimpse on the entire situation as far as I can tell the way to do it on the switch is basicially backing up the "system" onto an SD card, mod it and then boot it from there.

I know you get flagged and eventually banned suspicious activity. People try to block nintendos online services to avoid this.

I want to use my switch this way:
I want to run my physical copies online and play normally off the system NAND and would want to run CFW on my SD offline only. How likely is it to get banned this way? Also I havent looked into making the CFW yet but I'd still like to ask, if there is any way to make internet literally unusable on the CFW, maybe disabling the wifi card entirely / ruining the driver, as I have no intention of going online with the CFW at all.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicially i just got myself a switch and would love to play my gamecube/wii games on it.
I have experience having custom firmware on my Nintendo DS and 3DS systems and am a tech savy, so when having a glimpse on the entire situation as far as I can tell the way to do it on the switch is basicially backing up the "system" onto an SD card, mod it and then boot it from there.

I know you get banned if you get flagged for suspicious activity and eventually banned. People try to block nintendos online services to avoid this.

I want to run my physical copies online and play normally off the system NAND and would want to run CFW on my SD offline only. How likely is it to get banned this way? Also I havent looked into making the CFW yet but I'd still like to ask, if there is any way to make internet literally unusable on the CFW, maybe disabling the wifi card entirely / ruining the driver, as I have no intention of going online with the CFW at all.

You would need an unpatched unit for this, you have to separate your NAND, keep all your online stuffs on Sysnand, and keep all your CFW/Homebrew stuffs on Emunand.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know you get flagged and eventually banned suspicious activity. People try to block nintendos online services to avoid this.

There is always a risk of getting banned when hacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64