Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,
I looked around a bit, but I couldn't find any satisfying answer, so I thought I'd ask directly:

I have a problem loading games through CFGusbloader,
when I try to launch a game using waninkoko's cios249 (i tried rev14, 17 and 20(b)) CFG freezes after saying "loading ios 249"!

but I don't have any problems if I use hermes' ioses 222 and 223, games load just fine...(including Metroid Other M)
so it's not a big deal, but I can't understand why it's happening!
could it be because of the partitions on my usb drive? (1 wbfs, 2 ntfs, 1 hfs)

my configuraition is:
PAL 4.2E wii, waninkoko rev14/17/20, hermes v4 (222,223), priiloader, yaosm modchip

Thanks in advance!
yaywii.gif

Hiro77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
yes it happens with all games, but... what could be wrong?
i already overwritten it a couple of times with different versions, but I can't see any improvement!

and the strange thing is disc backups load fine with neogamma, so I think ios249 can't be THAT screwed up, can it?

Hiro77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
mmmh, I read that ios249 needs the WBFS partition to be as close as possible to the drive letter "C:",
(and in my case it's the exact opposite, it's the farthest, labeled "J:" when in win) while hermes' ioses don't care about it!!

can anyone confirm? I'd gladly avoid reformatting my drive, now...
tongue.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the drive letter has anything to do with it. You can set the drive letter to any unused letter you like in windows without formatting, but this does not effect the wii, it is a windows setting.

How much data do you have on the WBFS? Is it on the pc also? If you can I would use FAT32 instead of WBFS. Perhaps your WBFS has a minor corruption that is screwing cIOS249 up, but hermes is ok with it. You could test a thumb drive formated to WBFS, see if it would work with your cios249, then you would know if it was your cios or your WBFS.

Hiro77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I've got only 3 games on my WBFS, i could try reformatting then...
(I remember I tried some time ago with a thumb drive and ios249 and it worked!)
you think FAT32 is better? what advantages does it have?

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My drive did the same thing. I formatted it to fat32 and now waninkoko's cios read it just fine. I also don't have to shut it off and turn it back on when any loader or program wants to read the drive.

If you use Wii Backup Manager it will create wbfs files that are split to 4gb, and Then you have bypassed that limit.. I have Metroid Other m on the drive right now.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was using wbfs for the last year and it seemed like game would randomly corrupt on the drive, and I have seen others have the whole partition corrupt. WBFS works fine, but the pc can read it, backup it up, etc. I have switched to FAT32. You need cIOSX r-19 or r-20. I would use r-20 base57.

Actually I use
cios250 -r20 base57 -default
cios249 -17 base 38
cios248 -20 base 56
cios247 -20 base 37
cios224 -5.1 base 57
cios223 -4 base 37/38
cios222 -4 base 38
cios202 -5.1 base 60

Hiro77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks so much guys!!
yay.gif

I reformatted in FAT32 and now CFG+ios249 works like a charm!

(I risked losing a whole partition full of movies though,
formatting the WBFS drive via mac screwed up the nearest partition... but luckily I recovered it!! ;P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4