Hacking CFG USB, FAT32, and Brawl....

niccador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start off, I've setup a Configurable USB Loader on a few drives now, with a dual partition (FAT32/WBFS) format. Those drives work beautifully.

Yesterday, I tried setting up a 120gig Western Digital Passport in this fashion, but that failed miserably, as I could never get the WBFS partition to register properly. After a lot of wasted time, I wrote this off to a problem with this particular enclosure, and opted to try a 100% FAT32 solution for once.

Using FAT32 seems to work, though there are still some bugs....
...like the Wii locking up rather than returning to the system menu when exiting a game with the Home button....
...but my main concern is that attempting to boot SSBB (retail DVD9, of course), simply fails. The loader hangs just after "IOS Reload: Blocked", and never actually gets to "...Loading..."
Other single layer games seem to work just fine, so far....still testing things....

Can anyone shed a little light on this?
Or am I just SOL when trying to boot DVD9 from FAT32?

If the cIOS are of any concern (I don't believe they are in this case, but I may be wrong), I've used both v16, and v15, so far.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
niccador said:
To start off, I've setup a Configurable USB Loader on a few drives now, with a dual partition (FAT32/WBFS) format. Those drives work beautifully.

Yesterday, I tried setting up a 120gig Western Digital Passport in this fashion, but that failed miserably, as I could never get the WBFS partition to register properly. After a lot of wasted time, I wrote this off to a problem with this particular enclosure, and opted to try a 100% FAT32 solution for once.

Using FAT32 seems to work, though there are still some bugs....
...like the Wii locking up rather than returning to the system menu when exiting a game with the Home button....
...but my main concern is that attempting to boot SSBB (retail DVD9, of course), simply fails. The loader hangs just after "IOS Reload: Blocked", and never actually gets to "...Loading..."
Other single layer games seem to work just fine, so far....still testing things....

Can anyone shed a little light on this?
Or am I just SOL when trying to boot DVD9 from FAT32?

If the cIOS are of any concern (I don't believe they are in this case, but I may be wrong), I've used both v16, and v15, so far.
Use ios249 rev17 or hermes 222, 15 and 16 wont load it

niccador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, I think i left something out.

While Rev15 and 16 have been installed, cIOS 222 [38+37]-v4 is also installed, and is what CFG uses by default (it seems) to load anything from the FAT32 partition. (mload)

So....any other thoughts?

(Will still update to Rev17, regardless)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
niccador said:
My apologies, I think i left something out.

While Rev15 and 16 have been installed, cIOS 222 [38+37]-v4 is also installed, and is what CFG uses by default (it seems) to load anything from the FAT32 partition. (mload)

So....any other thoughts?

(Will still update to Rev17, regardless)
Wanikoko's cIOS does not matter in any way in regards to loading from Fat32. It simply can't do it. The 'mload' cIOS of Hermes is indeed the one you want. As far as Smash Bros, you do not need IOS Reload Blocking for the game to play. Other than that, I have no idea what the problem could be since it works fine over here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha