Hacking Certain Backups Won't Play

Sleeves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on an issue I've been having since I've been playing backups on my soft-modded Wii. So far I've tried to get a bunch of games to work and only the first 2 I tried work normally. These games were Zelda TP and Animal Crossing City Folk. The other games I tried, Mario Galaxy, Wii Music, Mario Kart and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom didn't work. Of those, Wii Music and Mario Kart loaded on the disc channel, displaying the little intro, but when I hit the start button a black screen pops up that says "An error has occured, press the eject button, remove the game disc and turn the power off." The others weren't even recognized by the disc channel. I'm burning the games using ImgBurn at 1x speed using Memorex DVD+Rs. From my research, it seems like these discs are not ideal, but why did those first two games work then? It may just be a coincidence, but those that worked were the only ones that were scrubbed when I acquired them. If you think that might be the reason they worked, does anyone know of a program I can use to scrub my isos myself? Otherwise, do you think maybe with my less-than-optimal discs, I just have a hit or miss chance of the game working when I burn it? What do you guys think?

tissemikkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure the games are the same region as your wii else they won't.

But if you use USB loader you don't have that problem. But also make sure you can see pal signals on your tv, if you have a USA wii (NTSC). Hope you understand

Sleeves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, good call with the region difference, the games that weren't recognized at all were either PAL or Japanese. So that explains that, haha. Any idea on why Wii Music and Mario Kart wouldn't boot after I hit start? (those are both NTSC).

PS
I'm trying to avoid using homebrew applications since my wii was banner bricked from installing a bad .wad, and I inadvertently fixed it by adding Any Title Deleter to my SD card (but not actually using it, so I'm not really sure what fixed the problem). Now the Homebrew Channel no longer appears on my Wii menu, but backups seem to work. So I'm pretty much too scared to install anything else, haha.

But yeah, if anybody has any idea why those NTSC games come up on the disc channel, but give me that error, I would really appreciate it!

tissemikkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sleeves said:
Ahh, good call with the region difference, the games that weren't recognized at all were either PAL or Japanese. So that explains that, haha. Any idea on why Wii Music and Mario Kart wouldn't boot after I hit start? (those are both NTSC).

PS
I'm trying to avoid using homebrew applications since my wii was banner bricked from installing a bad .wad, and I inadvertently fixed it by adding Any Title Deleter to my SD card (but not actually using it, so I'm not really sure what fixed the problem). Now the Homebrew Channel no longer appears on my Wii menu, but backups seem to work. So I'm pretty much too scared to install anything else, haha.

But yeah, if anybody has any idea why those NTSC games come up on the disc channel, but give me that error, I would really appreciate it!

What does the error exactly say? Because it might be a 002 problem, i think you can just patch away.

But my advise to you, use a USB Loader, it's easy.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap +1