Momba1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there,

so as the title suggests I just got a CECHB00 today, on which I then installed Ferrox 4.87 and with that also MM, WebMan and Reactpsn.

Since this console is supposed to play pretty much every PS2 Game natively I of course tested exactly that feature.

But as you might have guessed, it didnt work. The Game I tried just ends in a black screen and I have to forcefully shut the console down.

I tried this by putting the ISO file into the PS2ISO folder of the internal harddrive and then mounted the ISO in MM which i then started from XMB.

The Game I tried was Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PAL) for reference.

Also I should probably note that I tried a PAL PS3 Disc, which worked fine so I guess the issue isnt the disc drive ?

Would very much appreciate your help and thanks in advance !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, but you get dex features with 4.84. that's the latest where you can convert to dex.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

to downgrade, just qa flag with rebug toolbox (think this works on ferrox or this option anyway) or habib toggler. then, you can install a lower firmware version. if you want, you could enable update debug (do the combo, which you'll have to look up, over network settings), scroll down to update debug and enable it. then, create a folder named updater on the root of dev_hdd1. inside there, create a folder named 01, inside there drop the update pup that you want to install. the update can be named anything (doesn't even need the pup extension), then install from system settings/update from system storage. update debug is a good way to install updates quickly without having to get out a flash drive. you can have up to 20 installed. here's what it looks like:

upload_2021-4-20_13-40-26.png

you can either have folders 01-20 for the updates or all updates in the 01 folder (iirc). it may be better organized if you use separate folders though.

Momba1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe, but you get dex features with 4.84. that's the latest where you can convert to dex.

to downgrade, just qa flag with rebug toolbox (think this works on ferrox or this option anyway) or habib toggler. then, you can install a lower firmware version. if you want, you could enable update debug (do the combo, which you'll have to look up, over network settings), scroll down to update debug and enable it. then, create a folder named updater on the root of dev_hdd1. inside there, create a folder named 01, inside there drop the update pup that you want to install. the update can be named anything (doesn't even need the pup extension), then install from system settings/update from system storage. update debug is a good way to install updates quickly without having to get out a flash drive. you can have up to 20 installed. here's what it looks like:

View attachment 259334

you can either have folders 01-20 for the updates or all updates in the 01 folder (iirc). it may be better organized if you use separate folders though.

Thank you, already downgraded now with habib.

That seems to have fixed the issue, the Game now works !

Another question though: Is there actually a way to confirm that the game is running via hardware and not emulation ?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it should just lag a lot when using emulation, you can try a game like Jax X that is known to have many graphical glitches without hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-