CD-i emu?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zidane_genome, Aug 14, 2008.

Aug 14, 2008

CD-i emu? by zidane_genome at 9:48 PM (1,439 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Just found the 3 bastard Zelda games, and was wondering if it were possible to emulate the CD-i on the Wii.

the CD-i "roms" aren't that big... think the biggest one is only like 300 or so meg, so fitting it on an SD card wouldn't be hard.

Anyone know anything about emulating the CD-i that could do this?

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    not worth emulating.. really.. just search videos of it on youtube.. it's more than enough! [​IMG]

3. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Not even the cd-i emulator for the pc is in that great of working condition. Although last I heard one of the zelda games was fully playable. If you really want to play them in all of their "glory" you'll have to grab a cd-i system.

4. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    if you have a cd-i you just need to burn them! It reads CD-I copies.

lol i have a cd-i, and have the Link and Zelda games for it original... except the later Zelda game, never actually found it on a store at that time. and... i enjoy them, really. They do have bad controls and stuff, but i dunno i have fun playing them.

5. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    There is no such emulator for Wii and I doubt someone would be interested in developing one. The CD-i system was pretty much a big failure.

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The CDI emulator on PC works great, it's just commercial software for some reason. Because I'm sure people are that desperate to play CDI.

There's little interest in emulating the system or playing it. So chances of it being emulated on a non PC system is especially remote.

I've played the Zelda games, as well as Hotel Mario, and they're not even bad in a comedic way like you're probably thinking. They're literally just intolerable, broken games. So just watch the Youtube videos and save yourself the couple gigabytes of hdd space.

Also not sure what you're talking about, Wand of Gamelon is nearly 600MB. Link's Adventure is nearly 500MB. Faces of Evil is 573MB. Hotel Mario is the smallest, at 347MB. Maybe you're looking at some version that has data stripped or something, assuming that's even possible like the Sega CD games.

7. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Zelda's Adventure you mean?

this is definitely possible, and I would love it, because I have a real CD-i and like 23 games I could back up and play via DVD
    however, will it get done? not likely!
    but we can hope!
    IT WOULD BE SO PERFECT,
    because the remote for CD-i is basically a smaller wiimote without motion sensing.

someone please make this and be awesome.

the reason why the pc one costs money is because I believe it is semi-"official"