cbhc to normal haxchi

BlueDiamond

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a wii u which had cbhc when i got it in 2018, so the nnid of ds game is not mine.
Recently i've become a bit paranoid about the ds game corrupting and would like to revert to normal haxchi.

If I uninstall cbhc does it revert to normal Haxchi or would i have remove Haxchi entirely?

BlueDiamond

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies. I might pursue tiramisu in the future, but i've been happy with haxchi and it's already set up.

I really just want to remove the cold boot aspect as i'd be happy to spend the extra time launching haxchi manually. Also because I got this console with cbhc installed, I have no nand backup or any way of knowing if the nnid of the ds game has been deleted.

Saw quite a few articles about 'reinstalling haxchi' which made me question whether uninstalling coldboot would leave the normal haxchi in place.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whether uninstalling coldboot would leave the normal haxchi in place.
Yes, well, a variant of it

CBHC is the combination of 2, by itself completely independent, mods:
1- replacing a DS game with a secondary exploit (like Haxchi but the payload is a bit different to make more sense for autobooting)
2- making said host title the default one

Uninstalling it (in any proper way) only undoes 2, if you want to remove 1 (preferably after ensuring you undid 2) you just remove and reinstall the host title

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: these recent switch 2 rumors makes no sense to me