CBHC and multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by stunty999, Apr 30, 2017.

1. stunty999
    OP

stunty999 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    France
    Hi guys! I own a 32GB Wii U with CBHC (lastest), installing games with wup installer y mod.

Now that my son is old enough to play with his proper account and Mi, I was wondering :

Can I create a secondary acount on the Wii for him without messing up with CBHC or brick the console?

If it's OK to create that account, will he be able to play the games already installed?

So, what do you think about that?

Thx

2. Nigleet

Nigleet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Canada
    Aidsville, Cancerland
    1) Yes. It won't hinder your CBHC setup. You may want to setup a parental lock.

2) Yes. He will have access to any installed content.

Last edited by Nigleet, Apr 30, 2017
    Masterwin likes this.
  3. stunty999
    OP

stunty999 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    France
    OK, thank you.

And you're right, setting up the parental lock sounds like the good thing to do to prevent a disaster :)

4. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Also just don't delete the account with cbhc attached to it.

5. stunty999
    OP

stunty999 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    France
    no way, that's MY account :yayu:

Thx

Columbo2811 likes this.
  6. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    What exactly can you lock with parental lock? Just curious to know how it can actually protect Haxchi. You already can't delete the DS VC or move it to USB. If there's a way to prevent users from formatting the system then that will be great.

7. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I would like to know this too. I have a 8 year old son, and I'm to scared to install CBHC, because I don't want him to get any ideas and start trying to delete things to make room for an update or something. I have Haxchi CFW installed at the moment, without CBHC.

So it would be a good idea if I can prevent his account from deleting CBHC or the VC Game tied to CBHC.

(Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk)

8. Nigleet

Nigleet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Canada
    Aidsville, Cancerland
    Able to prevent:

1) Changes to network settings.
    2) Data management.
    3) Formatting/Wiping Console.

9. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I saw a video and the only option that seems relevant is data management. I wonder if this includes formatting. Not even the support page on Nintendo tells you anything about formatting: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1291/~/what-can-i-block-with-parental-controls?

The moment I find out that it prevents formatting, I wouldn't see a reason not to use parental controls to protect yourself while using CBHC. Though it would be annoying in times when you need to delete or move other titles.

By default, CBHC prevents you from deleting the CBHC title. So that's already set even without parental controls.

EDIT: This video right here shows that parental controls does indeed block formatting!

This is a fool proof, extra layer of protection! But is it the data management option the one that blocks this?

Last edited by MattKimura, May 1, 2017
  10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Will CBHC still load up before the system menu or only on the account you installed it on? So how would other account get access to HBL or patched sysmenu?

11. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    It's not an option; it's one of the things that's locked by the act of configuring password protection itself, like the parental controls app itself and (formerly on 3DS) system updates

CBHC runs just fine before the account selector screen (assuming you turned off autologin in the official user menu)
    The boot-to-HBL feature also works (who knows as which account), but no problem using the HBL channel as a specific user

---

Last edited by Ryccardo, May 1, 2017
  12. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You can change CBHC meta.xml to include age, then block by age and you will be unable to boot it with Parental controls. [That doesn't apply to boot process as far as i know.]

wut Ryccardo owns a body pillow? o_o

Last edited by Felek666, May 1, 2017