Castlevania Resurrection prototype disk listed for sale online

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.38.44 PM.png

Just days after a prototype for the long thought to be lost Sega Dreamcast title Castlevania Resurrection was discovered, the disk containing the only known prototype of the game has been listed for sale on eBay. The listing, brought to the attention of GBAtemp via Sega Saturn Shiro, started bidding for the disk at a mere $1 plus shipping, but as of the writing of this article it has already climbed to $1605 with nine days left to go in the auction. The demo disk is currently the only known copy of the prototype for the cancelled game, and it's unknown if the seller has plans to back up the contents of the demo disk before the sale.

So I have had this for 20 years and completely forgot about it despite being a HUGE Castlevania fan. This is probably the only playable disc of this game in existence and, as far as I am concerned, is priceless for any Dreamcast or Castlevania fan. That said I am downsizing and recently uncovered it again, and it’s time to let this one go. I have no idea what it’s worth to the rest of the world other than to get it ripped and archived, but to own a one of a kind in all the world piece of Dreamcast and Castlevania history would be the real treasure here. I hope it goes to as big a fan as I am.

:arrow: Source

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's clear that you have no understanding of any of the video game collecting communities, or collectors of anything for that matter, and how COLLECTABLES can reach such prices.
I understand it just fine. And perfectly accept some prices of games that were sold. This, being valued more that Nintendo Campus Challenge? A full game, possibly the rarest cart know to man? Nope.

At most, 500$. Because it's a novelty item. Of a non-game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand it just fine. And perfectly accept some prices of games that were sold. This, being valued more that Nintendo Campus Challenge? A full game, possibly the rarest cart know to man? Nope.

At most, 500$. Because it's a novelty item. Of a non-game.

This statement proves what I said.

Reactions: coffinbirth

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I right or what? Did you happen to get a boot disk when purchasing your Dreamcast? Because I never found anyone having one of those at home.

Regarding the sale, it never came to the discussion the legality of it. The point of it, yes. How it doesn't warrant the absurd value it had reached, as well. My personal take is that someone told him to stop the listing. And he did.

And you ended up repeating most of what I posted before, so.. thanks, I guess?
lol, no

Kurems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After some discussions internally during days and nights with other people and members of the scene, the dump files done way before the bidding was provided to a trustworthy person.

That dump is now shown and released as-is.

Enjoy!

EDIT : The original disc is in fact locked into oblivion like explained some days ago.
Thanks for the original owner having the idea to dump it and secured the files elsewhere.

Just saying, we don't need people asking and begging for a dump everywhere.
That's unproductive in fact and most of the time already done far away from the general public eyes as it needs to be done without being disturbed by everyone's opinions on the question.

Last edited by Kurems,

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some discussions internally during days and nights with other people and members of the scene, the dump files done way before the bidding was provided to a trustworthy person.

That dump is now shown and released as-is.

Enjoy!

EDIT : The original disc is in fact locked into oblivion like explained some days ago.
Thanks for the original owner having the idea to dump it and secured the files elsewhere.

Just saying, we don't need people asking and begging for a dump everywhere.
That's unproductive in fact and most of the time already done far away from the general public eyes as it needs to be done without being disturbed by everyone's opinions on the question.
What?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/O4wnF9cA0I0?si=mo9PgrCpfMYKWfJv America's already left for dead