Castlevania - DoS won't work on iTouch

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by |Tch0rT&#12, Sep 11, 2008.

Sep 11, 2008
  1. |Tch0rT&#12
    OP

Newcomer |Tch0rT&#12 Member

United States
    The title pretty much says it all. Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow won't work on my iTouch DS (original 2.0 or the dual boot version). [​IMG] I swear when I first got my iTouch DS that Castlevania game was the first game I tested out and it worked fine but I'm not 100% sure. When I click on the ROM it does the loading screen then both screens turn white. I have all the cheats and soft resets disabled. My Micro SD card is a the A-Data 4gb Class 6. It also will not work with the Sakura dual boot. All other games I've tried work just fine. Castlevania - DoS works fine with my Acekard 2 so this is quite puzzling...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Ryan

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I've read in multiple places, that this is a problematic game, like TWEWY.

This works fine on my Kingston Japan 2GB, and my Kingston Taiwan 2GB, so it's probably your microsd card. Unless you wanna go buy a new one, just play it on your Acekard.

3. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You're thinking Portrait of Ruin. Dawn of Sorrow has no issues with any card except with the opening cinema, which doesn't show normally anyway. I don't have any problems with it using the iTouchDS firmware with Triple Loader. The only thing I can think of that would cause this is a faulty save file. Try removing your save file and running it in the iTouch again.

4. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Umm, no I'm not.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=96348

And the intro movie played just fine for me. >.>

5. |Tch0rT&#12
    OP

Newcomer |Tch0rT&#12 Member

United States
    I've removed all save files and I've reformated the micro SD card several times. I have the same problem. I'm trying to decide which to keep. The iTouch or Acekard 2. Hmmm iTouch doesn't like Castlevania DoS... Acekard 2's are faulty and doesn't quite like nesDS... [​IMG] Guess I should've just bought an Cyclo..

Ryan

6. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Play Castlevania on your Acekard, and nesDS on the iTouch?