Visit site
XP
Country
DarkShinigami said:
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
Sausage Head said:
probably udgey without fenie and edgie's assistance
HEY! I'm the only one who gets to make Ace Attorney references around here!
Hey, I was going to too.

It's very sad that it turned out this way. She should be tried again but with competent people this time.
I wish she could be tried again but with competent jurors. Too bad double jeopardy prevents that.

Those who don't know double jeopardy means a person can't be tried for the same thing twice
I believe it's double indemnation, but whatever.

Besides, that's completely retarded. A guy could go to jail for robbing a bank, get out, and then go rob another bank and he couldn't be tried (if I understand that correctly?)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:

Besides, that's completely retarded. A guy could go to jail for robbing a bank, get out, and then go rob another bank and he couldn't be tried (if I understand that correctly?)
A guy robs a bank, but goes free and that it. You can go back to that exact same crime. If he robs a another bank(or even if he robs the same bank again
laugh.gif
), which is another crime, he can be tried for the new crime.

@OP

... idk what to say. I vaguely follow this.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
DarkShinigami said:
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
Sausage Head said:
Hey, I was going to too.

It's very sad that it turned out this way. She should be tried again but with competent people this time.
I wish she could be tried again but with competent jurors. Too bad double jeopardy prevents that.

Those who don't know double jeopardy means a person can't be tried for the same thing twice

No no. You can't be tried twice for the same case. So you can't murder a guy, get tried, then get retried for the same murder.
If you rob a bank, get tried and go to jail, get out and rob another bank...its a whole new case and you can obviously be tried for it.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Evo.lve said:
DarkShinigami said:
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
Sausage Head said:
Hey, I was going to too.

No no. You can't be tried twice for the same case. So you can't murder a guy, get tried, then get retried for the same murder.
If you rob a bank, get tried and go to jail, get out and rob another bank...its a whole new case and you can obviously be tried for it.
Oh. Well that makes sense.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is stupid. And, if she drowned in a pool, why would there be duct tape on her face?

Eh, whatever. I didn't really follow it anyway.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
purplesludge said:
Wow not guilty in a case based around circumstantial evidence with questionable forensics. People that are surprised need to stop watching Nancy Grace.

Face it the prosecution made a huge mistake in pursuing a 1st degree murder conviction on little more than circumstantial evidence. Like it or not that's how the justice system works in usa, innocent untill PROVEN guilty. I invite the emotional hate from this logical opinion.

^ This,

The prosecution tried to prove a capital case on circumstantial BS. There was no hard evidence. If they had attempted to prove negligent homicide, they would have almost certainly succeeded. Instead, they tried to prove a capital punishment case. I could have told you up front they didn't stand a snow balls chance at a guilty verdict.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to know why you all think you know what happened to this poor little girl. How do you know that she didnt drown? If you guys know something I dont you should have been a witness in the trial. The state really could have used the help because they were reaching at best.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
I would love to know why you all think you know what happened to this poor little girl. How do you know that she didnt drown? If you guys know something I dont you should have been a witness in the trial. The state really could have used the help because they were reaching at best.
So if my kid accidentally dies all I need to do is make it look like murder and dump the body in a swamp and everything is fine and dandy? No, that's bullshit.

I will admit the state could not prove there was indeed a murder, it just looked like one but with no known cause of death and no way to link a "murder weapon" although they did try rather hard with the chloroform searches to show premeditation.

She never said that it was an accident either. She hasn't said anything except for the continued lies that she told police. Her father never admitted to a drowning either. It was always "the Defenses theory" that she drowned in the pool and they both covered it up. Her mother brought it up in a jail visit saying “They are saying Caylee drowned in the pool,” in which Casey responded with “Surprise, surprise.”

Regardless of this verdict, Casey Anthony knows what happened to her daughter. She SHOULD be punished for trying to cover it up if it truly was an accident then isn't that still child neglect. Even if not murder she needs to be held accountable for her daughters death not just for lying about it.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
So if my kid accidentally dies all I need to do is make it look like murder and dump the body in a swamp and everything is fine and dandy? No, that's bullshit.

I will admit the state could not prove there was indeed a murder, it just looked like one but with no known cause of death and no way to link a "murder weapon" although they did try rather hard with the chloroform searches to show premeditation.

She never said that it was an accident either. She hasn't said anything except for the continued lies that she told police. Her father never admitted to a drowning either. It was always "the Defenses theory" that she drowned in the pool and they both covered it up. Her mother brought it up in a jail visit saying “They are saying Caylee drowned in the pool,” in which Casey responded with “Surprise, surprise.”

Regardless of this verdict, Casey Anthony knows what happened to her daughter. She SHOULD be punished for trying to cover it up if it truly was an accident then isn't that still child neglect. Even if not murder she needs to be held accountable for her daughters death not just for lying about it.

I agree she was in fault either way but people are overracting to the verdict like they know for a fact that she killed her. I wish they could get her for something but as we both know they tried their best and I think they thought it would be easy because of the media coverage.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
Terrible. Just terrible. I wonder who was on that jury? Whoever they are, they're wrong.

Please enlighten us?

What was so wrong about not sentencing someone to death for a crime they had no proof of?

Why should we take things to trial if we are going to let the media choose our fates?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you guys are too easily influenced by the media.
All you guys have is speculations fueled by bias media.

There was no proof...it's that simple

opinions does not = guilty

speculations does not = fact

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lushay said:
Clearly. It shows as long as you keep making up different stories no matter how much they don't make sense, you will be not guilty. Next time I murder someone, i'm going to say that I was influenced by unicorns from narnia. and that they did it.
And don't forget to change your story every once in a while. Keep the jury on their toes
Should you be in prison, currently?
------
Not enough physical evidence. That's the basic issue. People are outraged, though, and many probably want Anthony in prison for life or worse.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whether there's proof or not of the murder, I've heard she IS convicted of perjury. It is entirely possible she really didn't murder her daughter. This isn't Phoenix Wright, you need more than circumstantial evidence to prove someone guilty.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Whether there's proof or not of the murder, I've heard she IS convicted of perjury. It is entirely possible she really didn't murder her daughter. This isn't Phoenix Wright, you need more than circumstantial evidence to prove someone guilty.

Perjury does not apply because she didnt testify. You may have heard the four counts of Providing False Info to Law Enforcement she was found guilty of, but those are misdemeanors and are 1 year max for each and she has already served 3 so this loon could be out by the end of the year.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
PeregrinFig said:

Perjury does not apply because she didnt testify. You may have heard the four counts of Providing False Info to Law Enforcement she was found guilty of, but those are misdemeanors and are 1 year max for each and she has already served 3 so this loon could be out by the end of the year.

she's getting out thursday with time served

no one gets max sentence for misdemeanors, unless they want to fuck her over and give her 4 consecutive max sentance.
but they will likely give her a concurrent sentence....time served

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a strange family reunion that will be....what I wanna know is if the parents will be charged with perjury. She might be the one picking them up from jail lol

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
What a strange family reunion that will be....what I wanna know is if the parents will be charged with perjury. She might be the one picking them up from jail lol
After throwing her dad under the bus like she did, I'm sure that family is fucked up beyond repair now. As for her parents being charged with perjury, I doubt it. Their granddaughter is dead I really really doubt the state will pursue perjury charges at this point, they've been through a lot and apparently are getting death threats over their daughters not guilty verdict. It just doesn't seem likely, but hey, you never know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Back when I was messing with it the UI kinda sucked but it worked fine