Cart save data dump??

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tokidoki11, Jul 22, 2013.

1. tokidoki11
    OP

tokidoki11 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2011
    Indonesia
    I'm just wondering, if we can dump game from the cart
    Will we be able to take our save data that is saved in the cart?

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    there are tools like
    r4 save dongle

BUT newer game will NOT work,as there is newer encryption on them

so NO save hacking games like Pokemon

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    It wouldn't matter on any new games if they all adopt the same save tagging that that animal crossing does. You wouldn't even be able to use any dumps of your saves even if you wanted to if save tagging becomes mandatory on any new games. You would be limited to any of the old games that fall under the "untagged saves" SDK, that would be currently roms 1-250 minus animal crossing and the new mario game.

4. sethirion

sethirion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    CA
    Have you tried the forums' way described here?
    I do not know if that is what you meant about dumping save data. Te only trouble I see is that you might need to modify the little tab on the 3DS carts.

5. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Falls under hardware in that guide. It is the only reliable method of dumping the save data to a file for 3DS game carts.

Waste of time cutting the tab on a game cart, reduces the resale value of any game cart to zero.

Yes it is exactly what it means and says.

As for dumping the game to a rom, that information is currently not open to the public.

Dumping the save doesn't give you access to any DLC content, DLC content is encrypted and tied to the 3DS itself.

6. pedrovay2003

pedrovay2003 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    I just wanted to say that, for the record, the NDS Adaptor Plus DOES still extract newer 3DS save data -- I've done so with Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, etc. The only game that doesn't work so far is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.