Hacking Careful - new system update live?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have your DNS set to tubehax & tubehax goes down or fails, You wouldn't be able to connect to anything anyway...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, turned on my Wii - saw a X by the Download mgmt icon bottom right. It pointed to a system update not being able to download (I have tubehax dns set).

Ninty UK web site still says 5.5.1..

So, just a PSA in case..

oh yeah, I can't access loadiine.ovh either - get Error Code: 112-1006
This is normal behavior. About 2 or 3 times a month we get a new thread created by a new user saying "beware of update" because they get the red x. That's why you're getting grief in this thread.

Always remember, if a new update comes out you'll see this forum go crazy before you even know about it.

You won't be the first person to report it here! There are people monitoring updates every second of the day. Watch and listen before trying to be the first to report something that you believe to be news.

Last edited by Kafluke,

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure - I know what tubehax does as well. Thus my warning...there maybe a new system update trying to be downloaded. So, I'm suggesting people are diligent in blocking access......
This is normal behavior. About 2 or 3 times a month we get a new thread created by a new user saying "beware of update" because they get the red x. That's why you're getting grief in this thread.

Always remember, if a new update comes out you'll see this forum go crazy before you even know about it.

You won't be the first person to report it here! There are people monitoring updates every second of the day. Watch and listen before trying to be the first to report something that you believe to be news.
Hehe. This post made me chuckle. You're right - I didn't expect the venom. I really thought I was being helpful warning people to be mindful of keeping their tubehax or whatever active to prevent what appeared to be a system update trying to be downloaded. I'll stay clear in future.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't tubehax set up by smea? If that goes down from a power outage or computer failure everyone would be vulnerable?
If it will be downed then no working DNS so you can't be vulnerable because your second dns is 0.0.0.0 so nothing can translate the ip-hostname so basically if it will be downed then you just got no internet at all. And yes in the router you need to deny all of the nintendo servers also just in case.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I need to know if there's a DNS hack that can let me block updates, but let me play Splatoon online... I can only do one or the other right now, not both...

stardaddler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need to know if there's a DNS hack that can let me block updates, but let me play Splatoon online... I can only do one or the other right now, not both...
I blocked updates and can play online, and also using DNS "hack". No need to use nnupatcher or other tools, I just start Splatoon and can play lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You noobs and your eternal system updates.
If you are in doubt, check the Wii U Brew or the official Nintendo website, they usually list the system updates made to the console like with the 3DS.
You can also watch in here, as soon as an update is live they usually post like three threads letting us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative