Card2 save, Gateway, and downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MarkDarkness, Jul 16, 2015.

1. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Hey, all.

My girlfriend has been using her 3DS for a while mostly to play Pokémon and a few other legit games, but she wants to make the jump to Gateway now. I kept the firmware 9.2 and etc., so it's good to go. I have a sealed Gateway in my hands and I will downgrade her system.

HOWEVER... how the hell do I keep her Pokémon save? To use things like SaveDataFiler I need to have EmuNAND working first. How would I go about preserving it?

Ideas?

Last edited by MarkDarkness, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You need to setup emunand and use rxtools to extract the carts and then inject the data to a gateway save

3. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Can I setup EmuNAND on 9.2 before downgrading to 4.5? Or is it that downgrading does not format the SysNAND memory? I was under the impression that it did.

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You first setup emunand then update to 9.9. It doesn't matter if you're on a downgraded firmware or not because emunand is the newest

MarkDarkness likes this.
  5. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
    You need to use rxtools to extract the saves with savedatafiller before the downgrade.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  6. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Thanks for the help, guys. Peace.