Capture Gamepad Video

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MarcusRaven, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Is there a legit way to capture the video feed to the Gamepad yet? I saw that somebody was able to emulate the pad using their computer. Any of that code put out yet? Suggestions for what I could do in the meantime?

I'm working on developing a Family Friendly review series for Wii U games. Basically, I'd provide a review of games based on the viewpoint of somebody with a family (as I am a husband and father), a viewpoint that is often unseen in the light of games. I think the Wii U could benefit from such a viewpoint.

Anyway, looking to capture the Wii U Gamepad screen somehow, as my first review will be for LEGO City.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    i did see this

something like the vita capture card , DS capture card and , 3ds capture card, might come out at some point

you can just take a camera, point it a the gamepad and record

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I'd really like a direct feed if at all possible, as a cam on the pad just looks unprofessional to me. But if the methods aren't out there yet, so be it. We'll see what I need to do. Still writing the review before I do any video capture.

4. JiggyEyeJoe

JiggyEyeJoe Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    I think you meant this:

Its not public yet. The Dolphin-Team has reverse engineerd the functions of the gamepad. Here's the original article @ eurogamer.net

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice