Capture Gamepad Video

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MarcusRaven, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Is there a legit way to capture the video feed to the Gamepad yet? I saw that somebody was able to emulate the pad using their computer. Any of that code put out yet? Suggestions for what I could do in the meantime?

I'm working on developing a Family Friendly review series for Wii U games. Basically, I'd provide a review of games based on the viewpoint of somebody with a family (as I am a husband and father), a viewpoint that is often unseen in the light of games. I think the Wii U could benefit from such a viewpoint.

Anyway, looking to capture the Wii U Gamepad screen somehow, as my first review will be for LEGO City.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    i did see this

something like the vita capture card , DS capture card and , 3ds capture card, might come out at some point

you can just take a camera, point it a the gamepad and record

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I'd really like a direct feed if at all possible, as a cam on the pad just looks unprofessional to me. But if the methods aren't out there yet, so be it. We'll see what I need to do. Still writing the review before I do any video capture.

4. JiggyEyeJoe

JiggyEyeJoe Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    I think you meant this:

Its not public yet. The Dolphin-Team has reverse engineerd the functions of the gamepad. Here's the original article @ eurogamer.net