ROM Hack Question Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Possibility of CPU vs CPU?)

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. Been messing around with RoNC on PC for a couple of months trying to enable any sort of CPU vs CPU in the newest tsubasa game. Realizing that I'm no where near good enough to be disassembling game executables and what-not, so I'm wondering if itd be possible to mod to switch version of the game either eith a modification to the game files or via a cheat to enable CPU vs CPU.

The game just recently got an update that allows you to switch between matching with online players or CPU, so I'm gonna see if that's a route I can go down with cheat engine on PC, but I'm wondering if anyones got any experience with finding cheats like this or making mods for it on the switch version?

If not, so be it, but I do know someone whod be willing to pay a small amount (probably like $50) if they can find someone who can figure it out, so if the only incentive for you to look is money, I promise if you figure it out there'll be something in it for you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have not seen this running/menus selecting so going with the general approach for now.

Such things can be relatively easy, or you can find the code can't handle it (built only for one AI at a time rather than just a routine any AI can call) and you get to mod many things.

Simple one to start with. Do you have multiple controllers and find yourself able to select a CPU for the remaining character(s)? If you can figure out the "is CPU" flag in memory somewhere (might be available at the menu where you can turn it on and off to do the basic cheat search routine for something differing and something staying the same https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial , might need to go into a match and exit out) you can possibly force it on and have the CPU take over.
Alternatively if this is a game with more than two fighters you can almost disable the player aspect and leave the CPUs to go at it. This can be done much as above by enabling or disabling players or via simply reducing your health to zero such that the CPUs are the only ones remaining.

If it is like the former then it is only just a limitation of menus that prevents it from being selected (for some reason devs things a mode like this is not wanted), similar to how play as any character cheats often find it just being the menu not giving the option. To that end you might not need to redirect things in assembly for the player to use the CPU fighting routines (a hard hack) but instead just stop the menu from disabling CPU selected if CPU is already selected on another, and that might even be doable from the cheat thing above (find where the menu keeps the "is CPU" flag and chances are the other aspect of the menu will look at that when you select CPU mode - set a break on read for that flag and try to change the CPU/player thing).

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, that was my original direction was trying to disassemble the PC versions game executable, and I got decently far, even as far as finding the flag for Opponent CPU level and possibly a toggle before it was officially released, but I couldn't translate that into anything concrete and I know next to nothing about assembly as a language, so I ended up giving up. Now that the game has a way to toggle between the 2 in-menu I thought it might be something a little simpler to figure out, but I uninstalled the game a long while back and haven't had a chance to work on it since the update.

even if it's simpler and I end up being able to use sx-os cheat finder or Cheat engine (For the PC version) to mess with the toggle for the opponent CPU, I still can't seem to figure out if there's a way to find it for player 1. As far as my own research has shown me, no ones really been able to find out for sure if there are even settings for CPu for the player character, and even if there was, there's still no guarantee that Player 1 and Player 2 settings are located in the same memory region. That's why I was hoping to get an experts opinion or see if anyone had the game and felt like messing around with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson