Captain Toad not on Freeshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Deliphin, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:17 AM.

1. Deliphin
    OP

Deliphin Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    Canada
    On the freeshop, captain toad doesn't show up at all. I've already tried removing and re-adding the titlekey's URL and that didn't change anything.

In Villain3DS, it shows up, but I simply can't download it. Most of the time it just does nothing, and very rarely it says "Something went wrong" with no explanation on what.

Attached is a screenshot of Villain3DS that might be relevant. There's a lot of Contents when most games only have like 1.

Why is it doing this? Is there something I can do to fix it?

edit: I should also note, it shows up on the titlekeys' website. That leaves me even more clueless. Is there any way to install a game with the encrypted title key?

edit 2: also, if the game has a demo, it's also not on the freeshop.

Attached Files:

• toad.png
      toad.png
      File size:
      102.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by Deliphin, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM
  2. xskibbles

xskibbles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    United States
    I would suggest not using free shop anymore since as of 11.8 Nintendo can detect and possibly ban you (higher chance). Stick to cia installs if need be .

3. RookieKid

RookieKid Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    I saw the game on Freeshop but I got the via a .cia file. Not sure now though considering all that's happening to Freeshop and the new update.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Sure: convert it + the titleID to a ticket (I actually don't know any program to do that... the logic is built into basically every PC-based downloader like FunkeyCia)

5. Deliphin
    OP

Deliphin Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    Canada
    I'm not on 11.8 yet, still 11.6.

Tried FunKeyCIA, and it didn't work. I'd go into more detail if I didn't eventually get the cia from another way already.

Yeah, I did some looking around and found a cia, I've got the game now.

Thanks everyone :D

RookieKid likes this.
  6. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    It's on there. Your title keys must not be up-to-date.

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ So unholy, sister of grace

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's worth stressing that the freeShop team does not control what games appear on there. That key site is a separate from freeShop and controlled by a completely different community. If a game is not on there, then you either need to update or someone needs to dump/up their ticket to that keysite.

kikongokiller likes this.
  8. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Looks like that tk site is completely down. Blank page.

lone_wolf323 and Sophie-bear like this.
  9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Brush your teeth.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    It's been like this these last few hours.

Post #1413 and downward discussion.

lone_wolf323 likes this.
  10. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fanatic... soon.

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    Actually, it's on FBI for some reason...

11. Deliphin
    OP

Deliphin Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    Canada
    Also I have another question. I'd make a new thread for it if there wasn't the one-thread-per-24-hours limitation.

I see a lot of games have updates on here, and several of them mention they're only for cart versions of the game. Are all update titles like this, or just some? Not all of them mention it's for the cart, some just say "This is only for the full version of the game" or something like that.

Yeah strange, I noticed that before I made the post but I assumed it was either a save editor, or some other utility for the game. But the filesize is the same as the actual game so it seems like it's the actual game. Haven't tried it.