Capcom to make another "Versus" fighter

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Link5084, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Link5084
    OP

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Source: Kotaku

That being said, I think we should all go out and buy a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars instead of pirating it to support Capcom in making another Versus title

2. Shakraka

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Theraima

Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Jan 4, 2009
    Finland
    Clouds
    Agreed.

4. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    How popular are actually the "classics like Speed Racer, G-Force, Tekkaman and Gatchaman" in the US? and with that: How possible will it be that this will sell that well, so they make a new one?

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'm expecting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to sell poorly. Not only is anime terribly unpopular here (I mean we've got a bunch of otaku fanboys but not much in the ways of casual anime watching and popularity like in Japan), but it is aimed at hardcore Wii owners. I mean I don't know any of the Tatsunoko characters and the fact Capcom couldn't put in DMC or RE characters is a crotch punch for me.

6. Shakraka

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 19, 2015
  7. Nottulys

Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2008
    United States
    HDCA
    I wanna see a non-Strategy-RPG CapcomXNamco2, or Marvel VS Capcom 3....and I'm done.

8. Uzumakijl

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    ^ I had the same reaction, I actually lol'ed in real life.

I don't see why anybody would like another vs game... Capcom work on SFIII for Wii.

9. luigiman1928

luigiman1928 Most original Custom Title

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    sd_Doomsday
    I hope its a Megaman Fighter. Like with All RM's, and Mavericks, all Boss's(Zero), all Navi's, Everything. in One Fighter. That would Pwn. I'd be ok if most of it were DLC though/

10. Jaems

Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
    Anime's actually pretty damn popular in USA, surprisingly.
    So much that American television shows like to mimic them (Teen Titans, Ben 10, etc.)

Problem is, Tatsunoko isn't popular here at all. At least, not anymore.
    Last time I remember watching Battle of the Planets, aka Gatchaman, was when I was about 4 years old.

Kind of a shame though, since Casshan might as well be the GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME.

11. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2004
    United States
    We certainly aren't going to help this game sell. I know I can't since I don't even own a Wii. The owners on this site will be too busy burning it.

That leaves the non-pirating Wii owning community which are all too busy with fitness and mini games...

12. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    I'll be purchasing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Then again, it's not like one person will make them change their minds.

I pirate most games but I have too much respect for this one to pirate it.

13. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    please for the love off god support capcom. i mean i got my money ready for this but all u guy THINKING off buying just do it

14. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    I don't love god. As a matter of fact, I don't believe in him/her/it. But that's unrelated.

Begging people to buy it won't help. How many people do you honestly think you'll convince to buy the game with that post? 30, 160? [​IMG]

15. Centimetro

Centimetro GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2008
    United States
    I'm in the same boat. I own 4 legit Wii games, haven't bought one since I got my chip in.

But I'll be buying this game. I just can't burn this beauty. I know that my one sale won't make a difference, but... yeah. It took some serious balls for them to not only bring this great game to the states but make it better and add online play and everything, and I want to support that

Considering buying the official TvC arcade stick as well.

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'll start supporting Capcom when they start supporting me. Give me an actually decent port of Dead Rising (and yes, the Wii can have lots of characters on screen, go play Sengoku Musou 3) and a good port of RE5 and then we'll talk. Although they did do a great job on Darkside Chronicles and RE4. Maybe they can sweeten the deal with a Viewtiful Joe 3?

17. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    the latest versus title to be released has been greatly advertised... if u ask me, i think they are already planning on their next release bcz they DO know tht it will do well
    the fact tht they mentioned about the title in btn this topic shows tht they are hinting but also wanting ppl to buy this game

18. Aeladya

Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

Nov 13, 2004
    United States
    Idaho Falls, ID

That's how I feel about Monster Hunter. That and if the game doesn't sell well chances for more games being released here are very slim.