OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icon11.gif
http://www.oxm.co.uk...ively-the-same/

I know this is an old article and a lot of this stuff is already known but Capcom has done a lot of crap with DLC but this article does nothing but hurt them even more in my opinion. Well hopefully they will learn from this and stop disc locked content except for maybe preorder bonuses.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This just confirms what I've been saying.
From a publisher/developer standpoint, locked content is no different from downloadable content.
If the DLC content was intended to be sold from the start, the method of delivery doesn't matter.

If the DLC is something EVERYONE has to download for compatibility to play online against people who bought the DLC then EVERYONE has the content eventually, even if they don't buy the DLC.

When you do end up buying it you're just buying an unlock key for content already on the disc or content you already downloaded so you could play online.

For games with a multiplayer component (that doesn't completely block you from playing with DLC owners) any DLC you buy will ALWAYS be an unlock key since you'll be forced to download the content anyway to play online if it isn't already on the disc.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just confirms what I've been saying.
From a publisher/developer standpoint, locked content is no different from downloadable content.
If the DLC content was intended to be sold from the start, the method of delivery doesn't matter.

If the DLC is something EVERYONE has to download for compatibility to play online against people who bought the DLC then EVERYONE has the content eventually, even if they don't buy the DLC.

When you do end up buying it you're just buying an unlock key for content already on the disc or content you already downloaded so you could play online.

For games with a multiplayer component (that doesn't completely block you from playing with DLC owners) any DLC you buy will ALWAYS be an unlock key since you'll be forced to download the content anyway to play online if it isn't already on the disc.

The difference is that on-disc DLC usually means the content was developed with the game but was gated off to force consumers to pay more cash while DLC that comes out after launch has been developed after the game was developed and is basically "add-on content" instead of "unlocked content".

Even launch day DLC could mean that the game went gold months before its release and the team began working on stuff that wasn't fit into the final product but was finished by the time launch came around. This is of course a giant assumption but a reasonable one.

Either way, launch day DLC and on-disc DLC are both rather sleezy.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The difference is that on-disc DLC usually means the content was developed with the game but was gated off to force consumers to pay more cash while DLC that comes out after launch has been developed after the game was developed and is basically "add-on content" instead of "unlocked content".
Usually being the keyword. And DLC released weeks/months later could have also been content simply held back for that long to avoid bad PR. We simply don't know how things work.

Not that I like either method or DLC in general. It's a waste of time getting mad at this point, just don't buy DLC if you don't like it.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm only buy dlc if it's a game only or if i want new things in the game. (like people or stages) i don't buy costume's and stuff that's a waste. i don't care about looks of people (unless they look stupid or something...)

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Again?

Well to summarize everything I said before, I hope someone makes a cheat or hack so you can unlock all the characters without paying for them. Its a crap business model but atleast its on disc so there is the opportunity to unlock them without paying cause its feels like more of a rip off than normal DLC since its already on the disc and you already paid for the disc and is meant to have everything on the disc you already paid for unlocked and not need to pay extra to play stuff on the disc you already bought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his name "Dick", and they say it more often than should have been necessary
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    A @ anotherthing: Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.