codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't used my 2ds xl in about a year.

Tried to install twilight menu updater via qr code but got error message "failed to verify tls certificate"

Looked it up and I see fbi doesn't use titledb anymore.

Ok so I hit "update" on fbi and it gives me the same error message.

Do I have to do a manual install with a pc?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Tried to install twilight menu updater via qr code but got error message "failed to verify tls certificate"

Ya. TinyDB is not working no more. If you search for universal updater. They got their own store script which holds next to all apps and updates. If thats not really your thing. Then it is manual updates for the apps.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a cia you can put it on your sd card and install it, or if a .3dsx file just replace the existing one on your SD card.

Latest is 2.6.0 from Jan 1st, 2019.

Reactions: Alexander1970

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya. TinyDB is not working no more. If you search for universal updater. They got their own store script which holds next to all apps and updates. If thats not really your thing. Then it is manual updates for the apps.

Ok how do I install universal updater? I need a pc to install it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Update FBI manually. At some point GitHub decided to drop support for older SSL/TLS versions (which the 3DS uses) and as a result a lot of updaters stopped working. Newer FBI versions have a workaround.

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update FBI manually. At some point GitHub decided to drop support for older SSL/TLS versions (which the 3DS uses) and as a result a lot of updaters stopped working. Newer FBI versions have a workaround.

Darn. Thanks. That's what I figured. I don't have a computer right now. I think I'll try and find a local 3DS modder and pay him to update it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Darn. Thanks. That's what I figured. I don't have a computer right now. I think I'll try and find a local 3DS modder and pay him to update it.
If you have a FTP server homebrew on your 3DS, you can use any FTP client on your phone to transfer files to the 3DS (Solid Explorer on Android has one built in)
If you don't, you can try to get MicroSD Management (it's under Data Management in the 3DS settings) working with your phone, I've heard people haven't had much luck getting it to work under non-Windows though. Solid Explorer (and most other file explorers) have a SMB client built in, that might work.
Also, really? Paying someone to put a file on your SD card? Don't you have any friends or family members with a computer you can borrow?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol