Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a New 3DS XL to replace my broken New 2DS XL (cracked screen), and I can't perform a system transfer because the 2DS will not system update. It is currently on 11.6.

Both systems have Luma 9.1 installed, I have tried using an 11.9 package from 3DNUS and sysupdater, but always fail on 0004003000008F02 and then brick the system. I made a NAND backup before attempting anything and am repeatedly restoring from it.

Is there any way I can fix this issue, or any way to system transfer without using the Nintendo tool?
When I try to update through system settings, it gets to around 30% then fails and reboots.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Depending on what is wrong with the system, CTRTransfer could help to get the official updater working again. But you don't have to perform a regular system transfer if you don't want.
  1. The most important thing, if not already done, is backing up the saves with Checkpoint and/or JKSM because the saves can't be replaced.
  2. Second would be backing up the games with Godmode9 as explained on the guide. If you have enough free space on your microSD you can select multiple tmd files and dump them in one shot.
  3. If you have linked a NNID to the N2DSXL, call Nintendo and tell them the console is broken (which is true). They will unlink the ID on the server side and you can link it to the N3DSXL (which gives you the possibility to re-download titles you purchased on the Eshop).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: