Can't Unrar on Mac

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by CrazyRach82, Oct 20, 2018.

1. CrazyRach82
    OP

CrazyRach82 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    I've downloaded a file on my mac, tried to unrar it but it says "no files to unrar". I went back to the source, to check if I'd perhaps missed password protection or maybe miss a file. But the file size seemed correct and there was no password. So i wondered if it was perhaps the mac. Transferred the files to a usb stick, loaded bootcamp and hey presto the files extract just fine.
    Now, only have quite a small partition on my bootcamp setup, and most these files have been downloaded on mac-os, so its going to be a bit of faf to transfer them all to my usb, esp the larger ones.
    Can anyone recommend a decent program on mac? Is this problem common?

2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    Try “the unarchiver” on the mac app store.

3. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    CrazyRach82 and hippy dave like this.
  4. zipperdoyle

zipperdoyle Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2009
    United States
    Keka is the way to go. I tried several rar programs and it was the only one that worked. Frustrating process.

CrazyRach82 likes this.
  5. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Rar sharp also works well, especially for multi part rars.

6. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: Unneeded comment.
    Oct 21, 2018
  7. hippy dave
    This message by hippy dave has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Oct 21, 2018
  8. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    what does "unrar on mac" has to do with "Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips"?