taker-`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi,

im on 8.0.1 with athmosphere. my switch was working properly with nsp and xci files. so i bought a new sdcard and copied the files from the smaller one to the new one.
(i know, that was stupid, what i did)
i had an error popping up on coping the files. 1 file was corrupted, windows told me.

so...i thought, ok, whatever...i putted the sdcard in the switch and testet all things, original games, homebrew, my backups...all ran fine. so i deleted the old sdcard.

today i tried to start a xci file in tinfoil and i get errors. a lot of...failed to register placeholder nca...and many many numbers and letters.

the only thing i remembered is, that the corrupted file was in the "nintendo" folder of the sdcard, which i had formated.

that means, that i cant start xci files anymore. nsp running very well.

can someone help me, what i can do now?

many thanks :)

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you talk about. Xci files are you talking about xci files converted to nsp? I believe only sxos can run. Xci files.

Reactions: NoNAND

taker-`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no. they r not converted. i backuped my zelda and bomberman to xci. before i copied all the files to my new sdcard, i could run the xci files. now it doenstn work anymore since the datacorruption from the file from the nintendo folder on the sdcard. the file was about 1,5gb.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
no. they r not converted. i backuped my zelda and bomberman to xci. before i copied all the files to my new sdcard, i could run the xci files. now it doenstn work anymore since the datacorruption from the file from the nintendo folder on the sdcard. the file was about 1,5gb.
It's hard to follow you. You said that a file got corrupt which probably is a installed NSP. But even if a NSP corrupts, why shouldn't you be able to mount XCI games? Do you use SX OS (not mentioned in the OP)?

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You mean that something that was on the Nintendo folder went missing and you can't install XCIs anymore right?
Try to re-download tinfoil and put it back onto your SD card.
alternatively you can convert your XCI s to NSP by using 4NXCI and install then with Goldleaf.

fatlili12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not sure i understand what you're saying but when i updated my switch with choidujour from 6.0.1 to 8.0.1 i had to use the latest beta of sx os to just boot my switch.
Every xci was mounting fine but every nsp i've installed before showed up as corrupted. So i downgraded my switch with choidujour to 6.0.2 and everything worked fine again.
Then i updated it to 7.0.1 and everything works fine, every new game too so i wont bother updating to 8.0.1 for a while and maybe the corruption issue with 8.0.1 will be solved.
(I still use the last beta of sx os with 7.0.1)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by fatlili12,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
As far as I know SX OS is buggy and doesn't work quite well on fw 8.0.1
so my bet would be to stay on fw 7.0.1 for a while until SX drops a stable build.
or.... you can use atmosphere instead which has full 8.x support.

fatlili12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes i know but thanks. As the op said he was using atmosphere so i thought maybe it was a bug that was common to both atm and sx. Idk where that bug comes from in sx because when i installed a new nsp in 8.0.1 it worked well.
Now that xci are installable maybe i will switch someday to atm
Anyway i'll advice just to stick to the lowest firmware till some games aren't able to launch even when installed with firmware-version-ignore.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you talk about. Xci files are you talking about xci files converted to nsp? I believe only sxos can run. Xci files.

No, you are giving the false information. You can install xci files on atmosphere or reiNX now using other tool. Look at this:

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

hi,

im on 8.0.1 with athmosphere. my switch was working properly with nsp and xci files. so i bought a new sdcard and copied the files from the smaller one to the new one.
(i know, that was stupid, what i did)
i had an error popping up on coping the files. 1 file was corrupted, windows told me.

so...i thought, ok, whatever...i putted the sdcard in the switch and testet all things, original games, homebrew, my backups...all ran fine. so i deleted the old sdcard.

today i tried to start a xci file in tinfoil and i get errors. a lot of...failed to register placeholder nca...and many many numbers and letters.

the only thing i remembered is, that the corrupted file was in the "nintendo" folder of the sdcard, which i had formated.

that means, that i cant start xci files anymore. nsp running very well.

can someone help me, what i can do now?

many thanks :)

Hey. try this:

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think you need the latest keys (keys.txt) in your Tinfoil Folder for XCI installs. You probably updated from 6.2.0 or lower to 8.0.1.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, you are giving the false information. You can install xci files on atmosphere or reiNX now using other tool. Look at this:

No YOU are giving false information. SX OS can mount and RUN XCI files without needing to install the XCI, but using the newer tinfoil or lithium installer you can INSTALL XCI files to both SX OS and atmosphere. There is a difference to RUNNING an XCI and INSTALLING an XCI. RUNNING an XCI means you select the file, it mounts as a virtual cartridge and then you play it. INSTALLING an XCI means it effectively is the same as an installed NSP.

That's okay. Research it first before give the false information. Beware. ;)

Last edited by gizmomelb,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No YOU are giving false information. SX OS can mount and RUN XCI files without needing to install the XCI, but using the newer tinfoil or lithium installer you can INSTALL XCI files to both SX OS and atmosphere. There is a difference to RUNNING an XCI and INSTALLING an XCI. RUNNING an XCI means you select the file, it mounts as a virtual cartridge and then you play it. INSTALLING an XCI means it effectively is the same as an installed NSP.

That's okay. Research it first before give the false information. Beware. ;)

No, I m talking about atmosphere. I already know about SX OS installed XCI and NSP. Before atmosphere and ReiNX wasn't able to do that until Tinfoil and Lithium was introduced.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, I m talking about atmosphere. I already know about SX OS installed XCI and NSP. Before atmosphere and ReiNX wasn't able to do that until Tinfoil and Lithium was introduced.

Then you were unclear.. you replied to:

with:

So you switched from the OP asking about RUNNING XCI files, to INSTALLING XCI files.

Two different things. That is why your post is confusing.

taker-`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello,

sorry for my late reply, but i had no time :(

okey, just to be clear...i never installed a cfw oder something on lower firmware on my switch. i installed it first on the 8.0.1 ofw. i only used athmosphere. i had a 120gb sdcard for it. all worked perfect. after the card was full, i bought a bigger one and just copied all files from the smaller (old) card to the newer bigger card. while i copied files, one file got corrupted. i ignored that error. after the filetransfer was complete, i putted back the bigger sdcard and tested the nsp files (installation) and running the installed games. all went fine. when i try to install a xci file,i get the error.

i made a video where you can see, what is happening. the error like in the video i have it about 2min, than i get the "install failed" message, like on the attached screenshot (after pessing the A button some more errors before my switch gets stuck and i need to reboot to cfw).

as i used my old sdcard, where all went fine, there i havent got that error. i just installed the xci file and it was done...all worked fine.

my problem is now, that i dont know which file is corrupted (or missing). i only know, it was about 1,5GB big and it was in the "nintendo" folder on the sdcard.

my error video: h**ps://sendvid.com/mw8m9oq8

best regards

Attachments

• switchfail_1.jpg
    switchfail_1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20190522_203152.jpg
    IMG_20190522_203152.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_20190522_203158.jpg
    IMG_20190522_203158.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20190522_203202.jpg
    IMG_20190522_203202.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_20190522_203206.jpg
    IMG_20190522_203206.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by taker-`,

taker-`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*push*

i updated to the newest version of athmosphere and now its working again. :)

thx 4 help guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol