Homebrew Question Can't run lakka.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed the img file to my 16gb SD Card. I put it into my Switch and I connected my Switch to my PC. I then ran the windows-boot.bat file from painless-linux. First time I ran it, it got stuck on:
Checking layout... \[ 74.347864] SError interrupt on CPU0, code 0xbf000002 -- SError
I then powered it off. I tried booting again, and this time it got past "Checking layout". In fact, it didn't even appear. A lot of text then quickly scrolled through the screen, with the last message being something about a XORG Server.

Side-question: My switch's battery dies when Horizon OS displays 41~43%. How can I fix this?

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I couldn't get it to work either even though everyone and their mom is enjoying it. I asked for help, got one response that doesn't make sense (My brand of Micro SD card? lol) and nothing else.

I get that its unfinished and I'm not mad that it doesnt work or anything but even a "I don't know why that happens" would be nice instead of being outright ignored.

I also doubt that, since it's not attracting attention, it'll be fixed on release.

Don't get me wrong, the dev is awesome and his work is appreciated, but it's kind of rude to just repeatedly ignore someone.:glare:

Nima0003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get it to work either even though everyone and their mom is enjoying it. I asked for help, got one response that doesn't make sense (My brand of Micro SD card? lol) and nothing else.

I get that its unfinished and I'm not mad that it doesnt work or anything but even a "I don't know why that happens" would be nice instead of being outright ignored.

I also doubt that, since it's not attracting attention, it'll be fixed on release.

Don't get me wrong, the dev is awesome and his work is appreciated, but it's kind of rude to just repeatedly ignore someone.:glare:
It actually is your SD card, get a sandisk 32gb sdhc card, those work with no problems. All my other cards didn't work.

Sent from my MI Mix 2 using Tapatalk

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
It actually is your SD card, get a sandisk 32gb sdhc card, those work with no problems. All my other cards didn't work.

Sent from my MI Mix 2 using Tapatalk
Even though it worked with all other Linux distros and homebrew? =/

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it worked with all other Linux distros and homebrew? =/
Very possible yes.

I also hate to be realistic but when it constantly gets told to not use because you won't be helped is why nobody gets any answers. Not to mention it was never even released.....it was leaked so I don't blame the guy at all.

If you can't get it working either despite seeing many others use it all whole ignoring the one person who actually tried to help you then you need to figure it out yourself at that point imho. You were given something to start with but since it works for others then there is ZERO chance it might not work here. How about this idea??? Find another sd to test to prove your point and sat thank you one guy who answered!!

The nerve of this new gen of people in any of these scenes. I am trying to say this in a helpful way for you too fyi. But if it's any indicator by your previous messages then you aren't going to like this. The mature thing will be for you to say sorry to all involved and man up. Do your own testing and research thourally before asking for help......I'll be willing to bet you will actually learn something instead of just asking everyone to tell you what you want them to tell you. I'll also promise that you'll be the one next time going "Wow that's super annoying huh"

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Very possible yes.

I also hate to be realistic but when it constantly gets told to not use because you won't be helped is why nobody gets any answers. Not to mention it was never even released.....it was leaked so I don't blame the guy at all.

If you can't get it working either despite seeing many others use it all whole ignoring the one person who actually tried to help you then you need to figure it out yourself at that point imho. You were given something to start with but since it works for others then there is ZERO chance it might not work here. How about this idea??? Find another sd to test to prove your point and sat thank you one guy who answered!!

The nerve of this new gen of people in any of these scenes. I am trying to say this in a helpful way for you too fyi. But if it's any indicator by your previous messages then you aren't going to like this. The mature thing will be for you to say sorry to all involved and man up. Do your own testing and research thourally before asking for help......I'll be willing to bet you will actually learn something instead of just asking everyone to tell you what you want them to tell you. I'll also promise that you'll be the one next time going "Wow that's super annoying huh"

It wasn't leaked, the source code was up on Github and someone built it. Those are two very different things. The reason I'm double checking is because, in my developer's mind, the idea that a flavor of Linux wont work with a certain type of Micro SD card that *all* other flavors do baffles me. That makes zero sense, hence my dismissing it. The person who originally posted the original response (not in this thread) has a long record of being wrong and not knowing what they're talking about, so between the ridiculous idea and it's poster, I dismissed it.

I'm not sure whose posts you've been looking at, but they're not mine. I've actually been in "this scene" a lot longer than this account shows - I created this new one recently.

I *did* try and fix it myself - I reflashed it 4 times with 2 different programs and computers, and I tried another Micro SD card just now. It still doesn't work. I don't mind that the Author doesn't want to provide help for a project not officially released, but when he's helping every other person except me, that's somewhat obnoxious.

Again, I totally respect the author and the work he does, I'm not ragging on them. Just frustrated because this doesn't work for seemingly no reason.

Also - As someone who has managed a constantly used series of programs for over 5 years, I've never thought people asking for help was annoying.

Anyway, no one knows what the issue is so I guess I'll just wait till official release and hope for the best. Thanks for the responses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ