Hacking Can't Run HackMii Installer on 4.2e

bigtone0777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before but I've been reading until I went all dizzy and had to give up and finally ask ha ha ha.

This particular Wii was on 4.0 when I modded it before but has since been updated to 4.2 and for some kinda mad reason there is no nand backup for it, which would have made things so simple!

Anyway I have downloaded abd6a_v200 and hackmii_installer_v0.6. I get to the screen that tells me if I paid for this software I have been scammed, I press 1 to continue and then on the next screen it tells me that This installer can NOT continue! There is no vunerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons.

Does anyone know a way around this prob?

Thanks in advance

Tony

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I must've answered this question a million times... so after hearing u ask it, i decided to make download package that ppl can download and it will explain everything u need to do to fix it. It also includes an autodownloader that will download the files u need automatically.

HackMii Installer No Vulnerable IOS Solution DOWNLOAD HERE

EDIT: Link updated w/ new download

bigtone0777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xflak40 and thanks for the quick reply and solution to my question. I know you must be fed up of answering the same qestions so I appologise for that!

Anyway I am making a backup of the nand as I type so I can't thank you enough!

Tony

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be simpler to use dop-ios-mod with ios249, or ios36
Then just install ios34 without patches

Or install ios34 with wadmanager

Installing ios30-v1040 could brick 3* users if something goes wrong. Ios61 is probably just as good as 34, either way, you only need to install one.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:
I must've answered this question a million times... so after hearing u ask it, i decided to make download package that ppl can download and it will explain everything u need to do to fix it. It also includes an autodownloader that will download the files u need automatically.

HackMii Installer No Vulnerable IOS Solution DOWNLOAD HERE

Well, this might work if the previous modded set didn't contain old versions of cioscorp files which I encounted. I dop-ios'ed 61, 30 with no sig-hash and it still gave me this no vulnerable IOS crap. In the end, I replaced those v65535 to their latest and non-stubbed versions. God knows which one did the trick though.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Installing ios30-v1040 could brick 3* users if something goes wrong.

i don't think this is possible, unless there is a freak accident. when dop iop installs a IOS, it first gets the ticket and tmd, which describe the contents of the IOS and also has hash checks for each part. so now it has this list, it gets each part of the IOS and checks the hash. now it has the whole IOS, and it has verified that it is not fucked up. then it tells whatever IOS is currently running to install the IOS that it has just verified. it starts with the tik and tmd, and then finally the contents. the IOS that is currently running adds each part of the IOS being installed to the NAND, but only in a temp folder. after the whole IOS is installed in the temp folder, dop ios says ES_addcontentfinish() and when the IOS that is running sees that, is moves the IOS that was just installed from the temp folder to the correct location. this last step takes

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to know about the dop-ios-mod safety measures, I like that. I have seen ios30-v1040 brick a 3* wii trying to fix this issue via wad install with wadmanager. The wad was good as many people had installed it, but they where not 3*. I think he was 3.3, but can't remember, but it did leave him with full black screen brick. Ios34 has been adopted by cIOSCORP (3.6)and now by pimp my wii as a non patched ios to prevent issues with hackmii. And it would be very unlikely to cause any adverse effect from ios34.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Or you could just run TBR v1.11 (Trucha Bug Restorer), and downgrade IOS15, then run hackmii installer before restoring IOS15.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@