Hacking Can't run custom game

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, it's my first post so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

I have a PAL Wii on 4.3b firmware and a Wode updated to the latest firmware. Wode users pointed me here, because it seems it's out of Wode competence.

I was trying to run Mario Kart Black (NTSC), which is a custom game requiring IOS36, in .wbfs format on my EXT3 hard drive through wodeflow (a wiiflow mod). I didn't have any cIOS before, but in order to play it I installed IOS36, IOS236, Waninkoko cIOSes by Hackwii rev21d2x v2, and Hermes cIOSes v5.1. When I start it from wodeflow, no matter which settings I use, it stucks on "Please wait" and then restarts to the system menu.

If I use Priiloader to enable region free games, Mario Kart Black shows on the disc channel, and if I start it from there I see the health screen but it freezes and I can't do anything but power off the Wii.

What am I doing wrong? Please, if you need more info just tell me!

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try forcing the language to English in your loader. (i don't know a thing about WODEs, but from my experience with customs, choosing Force English seems to help PAL users.)

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much ClockWorK, but I've already tried it to no avail.
frown.gif
Even patching country strings, 002 fixes, video mode and everything else is not helping.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds to me like a problem with the cIOS. make sure the IOS in slot 36 is patched with the trucha bug since this is a fakesigned title I would assume it relies on that bug to work... it's doable through NUSD. it will let you restore the trucha bug to IOS and pack it into a wad to install.

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Hells Guardian, but I already installed and patched IOS36 via MMM. And I also tried reinstalling and repatching it via Dop-Mii v15 but nothing has changed. A system check confirms that IOS36 is patched.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your system menu IOS refuses to read the disc since it is fakesigned. also, whatever IOS wodeflow is using is refusing to load it for the same reason.

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
giantpune said:
your system menu IOS refuses to read the disc since it is fakesigned

Thanks to you too, giantpune! My system menu IOS80 is fakesigned as well. Is there something I can do?

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Playgame38, but I prefer using a complete mod than applying patches.

EDIT: So, Wodeflow is using IOS58 with AHBPROT, but I have a problem when running the game from the disc channel as well. Also, having IOS36 already patched makes me think pimpmywii could be useless. Please, if you're running the game fine, can you tell me which cioses rev are you using?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wodeflow is using IOS58.
+ IOS58 doesnt allow fakesigned discs
= the game doesnt work.

if you patch IOS58 to allow it to read this disc, it will cause HBC to bitch at you. your best bet is to just load the game in WODE and play it with geckoOS.

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks giantpune, I will try with GeckoOS! Anyway, I found something interesting: I tried starting the game with CFG WodeLoader (Configurable USB Loader for Wode) and I got this:

I'll tell you how it goes with gecko anyway.

EDIT: With GeckoOS, it also freezes at the health screen...

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for double posting, but I checked the .wbfs with wit and it says this:

Code:
$ wit VERIFY CKBE88.wbfs
*****ÂÂwit: Wiimms ISO Tool v1.27a r2289 i386 - Dirk Clemens - 2011-02-09ÂÂ*****
>scanÂÂ .0ÂÂDATAÂÂÂÂCKBE88 CKBE88.wbfs
>infoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ TICKET is well signed. TMD is fake signed. Partition is encrypted.
!H0-ERR .0ÂÂDATAÂÂÂÂCKBE88 CKBE88.wbfs

EDIT: That one was a bad archive, I got the good one from Roobix's official post. Now it works on the disc channel and gecko os, but it will still reboot to system menu if run from wodeflow even forcing english and NTSC, but this time i'll ask the wode guys!

Thank you very much for your support!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: