can't play copied verbatim disc after update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by newr, Jul 18, 2010.

1. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    I have another problem that I'd appreciate some input. My wii is hard modded..not sure which chip now? I also soft modded the machine. Updated the system to 4.3bU...and also CIOS r17.

What I notice is some discs which played fine before...now it will say read error and ask me to turn the machine off. I am not sure if they are all out of region discs....I tried downgrading to 4.0U and tried again...then one other disc that is a japanese game played..but it's not a copied verbatim disc. The Wii sport resort that I copied still won't work along with some others.....it just tries to read it and then it says error reading.. and ask to turn machine off. It's not a blue screen.

All of these discs read fine before. The main change I did was update the CIOS to R17 from R14...and also menu from 4.1U to 4.3U

ANy ideas? I am changing the menu to 4.1 again to see if it will work.

Thanks

2. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Another problem now... I updated the system menu to 4.1 from 4.0 Seems to work fine. When into homebrew and installed preloader. Seem ok....

Now when I try to go back into homebrew..I get a black screen.

Please help.

3. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    i see a brick in your near future. Unless you search for the answer.

4. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Ok..it's working now. The problem seem to be related to the CIOS R17 update? Any ideas if that is not compatible with hard mod ?

5. SirTempest

SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Gambia, The
    is is compatible with hard mod. i have a d2pro and used r17 for a long time. i had no problems with playing from hdd, playing from original discs or playing backups

6. trcmag

trcmag Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    This doesn't address your issue, but I was wondering where you found the information to make backup copies of your disks?

Thank you for any information.

I cannot seem to find it.

7. Lexip;

Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    Why do you need cios if you have a modchip? Also run the hbc installer again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice