Hacking can't play copied verbatim disc after update?

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another problem that I'd appreciate some input. My wii is hard modded..not sure which chip now? I also soft modded the machine. Updated the system to 4.3bU...and also CIOS r17.

What I notice is some discs which played fine before...now it will say read error and ask me to turn the machine off. I am not sure if they are all out of region discs....I tried downgrading to 4.0U and tried again...then one other disc that is a japanese game played..but it's not a copied verbatim disc. The Wii sport resort that I copied still won't work along with some others.....it just tries to read it and then it says error reading.. and ask to turn machine off. It's not a blue screen.

All of these discs read fine before. The main change I did was update the CIOS to R17 from R14...and also menu from 4.1U to 4.3U

ANy ideas? I am changing the menu to 4.1 again to see if it will work.

Thanks

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another problem now... I updated the system menu to 4.1 from 4.0 Seems to work fine. When into homebrew and installed preloader. Seem ok....

Now when I try to go back into homebrew..I get a black screen.

Please help.

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok..it's working now. The problem seem to be related to the CIOS R17 update? Any ideas if that is not compatible with hard mod ?

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is is compatible with hard mod. i have a d2pro and used r17 for a long time. i had no problems with playing from hdd, playing from original discs or playing backups

trcmag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't address your issue, but I was wondering where you found the information to make backup copies of your disks?

Thank you for any information.

I cannot seem to find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1