Gaming Can't play BOTW

Elian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi. I can't play Zelda BOTW. This is the only game which I have a problem. Tried differents approaches and I got a black screen or "unable to start software" or "the software was closed because an error ocurred".

The setup is:

. Atmosphere (Hekate)  (v0.13.0/17.06.2020) from the sdsetup site (tried with older versions too)
. Tried with and without updating sigpatches using atmosphere-updater from HB Store
. HBG Shop 8.1.0_r55 and previous versions too (using partyshop and also downloading the NSP from other source)
. Installed with and without "convert to standard crypto" option
. Installed with and without "Reinstall NCA's" option
. Tried with and without DLCs
. Booted with fusee-primary or CFW (sysMMC)
. Tried formatting the SD as FAT32 and exFAT

Now I'm running firmware version 10.0.4 but experienced the same problem with 9.

Could you please help me? I don't know what else I can try to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks in advance.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean out or delete the folders in the Content folder in Atmosphere. Im out of ideas if that doesn't work. Sounds like a incompatible mod or layerfs is preventing you from playing

Elian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Clean out or delete the folders in the Content folder in Atmosphere. Im out of ideas if that doesn't work. Sounds like a incompatible mod or layerfs is preventing you from playing

I tried with 2 different SD cards using a clean install on both. What should I investigate when you refer to an incompatible mod or layerfs? Thanks for your answer.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with 2 different SD cards using a clean install on both. What should I investigate when you refer to an incompatible mod or layerfs? Thanks for your answer.
If you are using clean atmosphere, without mdos, and with the correct patches for you firmware version, my only guess its that NSP.

Elian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you are using clean atmosphere, without mdos, and with the correct patches for you firmware version, my only guess its that NSP.

I tried with 3 different NSPs from different sources and the problem still persist. By the way, I found something weird using Checkpoint. Some time ago I added an account using KefirUpdater and now I have saves from a non-existent user and also from the user KefirUpdater created (which gives me an error when trying to save).

Could that be related? I also don't know if is possible to factory reset the Switch and boot normally from Atmosphere or if something previous have to be done.

Thanks for your help guys.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with 3 different NSPs from different sources and the problem still persist. By the way, I found something weird using Checkpoint. Some time ago I added an account using KefirUpdater and now I have saves from a non-existent user and also from the user KefirUpdater created (which gives me an error when trying to save).

Could that be related? I also don't know if is possible to factory reset the Switch and boot normally from Atmosphere or if something previous have to be done.

Thanks for your help guys.

You coul try to delte everything save related using JKSV, bcat + Device + User [Only for Breath of The Wild], I use KefirUpdater regularly, without any issues.

Elian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I managed to solve it. I installed the game without the updates and used Goldleaf 0.9-dev to reset to launch version. I tried doing that with Goldleaf 0.8 but found there is a bug in that release and it doesn't do it correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM