Hacking Can't open any program or anything

rideriki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
My friend gave his old PSP street E1004. I dont know what somebody have done with it but it can't launch anything or any UMD disc. When i open for example Recovery programs or any custom firmware installers, it says that:
This game could not be opened.
The region code is not correct.

So to like fix it i need to instal custom firmware but i can't do it because i can't open ANY program. So i thought about flashing it from like PC software but i dont see that that is possible...
In system information all it says is:
System Software Version 6.60
Nickname P986

So yeah, i dont see such thing like recovery mode in psp street, R trigger and turning on dont work... Any help ? :)

rideriki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
The psp street was a low level psp. Cfw was not meant for it. Most devs didn’t bother. What cfw are you trying to run?
I tried alll kind of CFW, even official PSP update from 6.60 to 6.61 but notfing works, all it does is show that region code is wrong... I have even discs laying around and instantly when u close the lid it says disc couldn't be read or something...

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Dude the Street does not have WiFi

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@rideriki Have you tried to reset the system? And you tried to launch the system update to 6.61 using "System Update" "From Storage Media" in the settings instead of using the games menu?

Last edited by Aquadraws,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i dont see such thing like recovery mode in psp street, R trigger and turning on dont work...
Of course, that's a CFW feature

So i thought about flashing it from like PC software but i dont see that that is possible...
It's not, the only official recovery system on 1000/2000/3000s is via pandora battery + official magic memory stick (1000s and early 2000s can use unofficial ones too)...
I don't know if an equivalent for N1000s and E1000s ever existed, never mind the way it would have been started :)
At most you could try updating to 6.61 but given what you mention it probably won't start either...

My wild ass guess would be a corrupted idstorage (an area of the internal storage) or flash0 (operating system), not much to do without a nand backup and hardware programmer, however...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end