Can't load xenoblade chronicles

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by RichHomieSupreme, Aug 20, 2015.

1. RichHomieSupreme
    OP

RichHomieSupreme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2015
    United States
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Either your disc image or your WBFS partition are corrupt. I would recommend not using WBFS anymore and check the disc image to make sure it matches the hash for it on redump.org or gametdb.com. WBFS is very flaky and has a habit of crosslinking files and trashing the entire drive.

3. RichHomieSupreme
    OP

RichHomieSupreme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2015
    United States
    How exactly do I do that? I went on the sites but I didn't see how I was supposed to do that.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I use this shell extension for checksums: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

If you want to check Gamecube games there is a tool in my sig that can do that and look them up automatically. (I know you didn't mention GC but it's there if you need it. :)) I was planning on adding Wii disc support to it but I haven't gotten a chance to yet.

You would need the disc image you ripped originally for it to match the redump/gametdb values because WBFS removes the unused parts of the disc and that missing data will cause it to have a different hash value. Unfortunately there is no collection of hash values for Wii games that have been converted, as far as I know.

There is a guide for converting your drive from WBFS to FAT32 if you want to do that. I believe it will tell you if any of the files on the partition are cross-linked.