Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
Hi forums,
i'm trying to load a super clean and shiny RSBE01 Smash Brawl ISO file (unscrubbed) with USB Loader GX or CFG Loader, but to no success. USB Loader GX sees the game but simply sends me back to the Homebrew channel when i start it (no matter the Game Load settings) and CFG doesn't show the game. I'm using an USB HDD formatted with NTFS, all WBFS format games (via WiiBackupManager) and other backups i made to the HDD work fine but ISO's only work for GameCube games for me.
I'm running 4.3E, latest HBC, d2x v10beta52 in both 56 (249) and 57 (250) with completely default settings in both USB GX and CFG.
Any ideas would be appretiated.
Regards, waffeln =)

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is because the game has 2 partitions if I am not mistaken...
You could try to go for the second partition. (that was a option in my days... but that was 5 years ago :P)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is because the game has 2 partitions if I am not mistaken...
You could try to go for the second partition. (that was a option in my days... but that was 5 years ago :P)
I don't think so, all the files are on one partition IIRC (besides update data of course). But it's dual layer which might cause issues.
Hi forums,
i'm trying to load a super clean and shiny RSBE01 Smash Brawl ISO file (unscrubbed) with USB Loader GX or CFG Loader, but to no success. USB Loader GX sees the game but simply sends me back to the Homebrew channel when i start it (no matter the Game Load settings) and CFG doesn't show the game. I'm using an USB HDD formatted with NTFS, all WBFS format games (via WiiBackupManager) and other backups i made to the HDD work fine but ISO's only work for GameCube games for me.
I'm running 4.3E, latest HBC, d2x v10beta52 in both 56 (249) and 57 (250) with completely default settings in both USB GX and CFG.
Any ideas would be appretiated.
Regards, waffeln =)
Any reason you're not using WBFS format like with all the other games? I wasn't even aware ISOs were supported for Wii games, as no one ever mentions or suggests them.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run gamecube games via ISO format but last I checked, you had to run Wii games as WBFS format which is probably why you can't get it to load.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think so, all the files are on one partition IIRC (besides update data of course). But it's dual layer which might cause issues.

Any reason you're not using WBFS format like with all the other games? I wasn't even aware ISOs were supported for Wii games, as no one ever mentions or suggests them.

That was it! Dual layer. And I know I had to do a setting for that in the backup loader...

waffeln

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
My entire point is to find a way to avoid using a third party tool for putting a Brawl ISO on a USB device. (e.g. avoid Wii Backup Manager)
A one-click solution might also work - i'm currently looking into Wiimms ISO tools and if i can make a shortcut that will simply ask for a drive, format it and put the Brawl ISO that was dragged onto the shortcut as WBFS on the drive. The simpler the better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: