Hacking Can't launch rxtools

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

For some reason whilst trying to launch rxtools, my 3DS just comes up with the 'An error has occured' message on the home screen. Prior to this, I had used rxtools, and had just turned my 3DS off. When I tried to launch it again, it stopped working. I've tried deleting cookies and history, as well as replacing my rxtools.dat with a fresh one. Is it worth restoring my emuNAND?

Edit: Here's something interesting, my system settings app is showing all of my titles nameless as 0 blocks. Not sure what it means.

I've now tried restoring my emuNAND and completely reinstalling rxtools but it still doesn't launch. The only thing I seem to be able to launch via the browser is Gateway.

Edit 2: Tried removing my sysNAND's software folder from my SD card, didn't change anything though, as I expected. I'm going to be heading to sleep for now, I'd appreciate any help I can get if you post it, thank you!

Last edited by Daisy,

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't understand why it's suddenly happening, considering I was using it directly before it happened. I can still launch Gateway from the browser, but that appears to be it.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
If you still stuck i'll upload the full working cfw files to mega etc, PM you the link and give you a mset link that works with the code.bin i include in the download.

Let me know, if you need it.

This is under the assumption you are on 4.x on a O3ds.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
I sent you a Pm with a fix.

Do as you will, but unless your on n3ds in which case i suggest reinand or you are testing and developing, stick with what i gave you.

There is no new features for the end user or a need for playing with other later versions.

If i were you you.
I'd remove and format the sd card, making sure it remove old emunand partition.
Restore a nand backup with gateway.
Create emunand with gateway. (i know this formats the sd and invalidates step one, just do it)
Install the files i gave you.
Remove the sd card and format the 3ds to unlnk.
Point the browser at the link in the PM to install mset.
Inject fbi through rxtools menu.

The only thing missing from the download i provided was the fbi injection files which i'm sure you have and know how to do.

Let me know if you still need assistance, all the best...

Last edited by tivanh,

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for the replies, I shall try your suggestions. I'm on 7.2o3DS though.

I'm sorry about not mentioning more details in the OP, they just slipped my mind.

I'm using rxTools 2.6 on a 7.2 o3DS, I've tried a few different URLs for launching the exploit, and they all do the same thing.

I'll see to your PM, Tivan, thank you.

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: I actually fixed it. I just backed up the contents of my SD card, reformatted it, and put the files back on, and behold, it was fixed.

Anyone have any idea what might have been up?

Edit: I've just realised a game I had installed has disappeared from my home menu. It seems to be only that game, too. It's probably related.

Last edited by Daisy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.