Hacking Question Can't install through USB using Goldleaf

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And if that doesn't work either try the tinfoil USB install.
If that also won't do it, SD card installs are your last bet.
Tinfoil works fine with NS-USBloader?? Yeah, I've been using SD installs, but I want to try USB Installs before I move to EmuMMC and use FAT32 on my SD (for big NSP's)

Reactions: NoNAND

tommills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
just wanted to say thanks to the replies in this thread as it has helped me out. I have now installed Tinfoil and using NS-USBloader v0.5.2 and have USB installation working.

i was following the install NSPs over USB Guide at switch.homebrew.guide

Step 1 #4 Choose USB Installation and choose start. There was no USB Installation Option in the Menu to choose on Goldleaf 0.6.1.

Would still like to know why me and the Darkrai27 have this issue with goldleaf though.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,
just wanted to say thanks to the replies in this thread as it has helped me out. I have now installed Tinfoil and using NS-USBloader v0.5.2 and have USB installation working.

i was following the install NSPs over USB Guide at switch.homebrew.guide

Step 1 #4 Choose USB Installation and choose start. There was no USB Installation Option in the Menu to choose on Goldleaf 0.6.1.

Would still like to know why me and the Darkrai27 have this issue with goldleaf though.
Since 0.6, Goldleaf has changed its USB method, so the older guide doesn't match it.

The NS-USBloader dev is planning to update to work with latest Goldleaf when he has the time.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since 0.6, Goldleaf has changed its USB method, so the older guide doesn't match it.

The NS-USBloader dev is planning to update to work with latest Goldleaf when he has the time.

its not since 0.6. Goldleaf breaks its USB protocol with every release it seems.

Tinfoil + NUT is most stable. Well, Og Tinfoil is stable since it is never updated :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its not since 0.6. Goldleaf breaks its USB protocol with every release it seems.
I said method, not protocol, it's changed to the new browsing-computer-from-switch thing instead of the picking-files-on-computer-to-send-to-switch thing.

Shouldn't you be in the SX installer thread dealing with all the problems people are having with it?

Reactions: Dave_Chad

GigiFusc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't been able to install NSP's for ages now and I've no idea why.

I formatted my SD card
Installed latest KOSMOS with everything in it
D/l latest Goldleaf
D/l latest Goldtree

I run the pc explorer option via Goldleaf and happily connect to my PC.
I find the NSp files no problem.

But every single one of them, I just get an error message in goldtree.

Any further advice?
Is there a thread explaining how to use the tinfoil linked above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...