marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(NOT SURE IF THE RIGHT PLACE TO ASK)

I cant install themes on my emunand 10.3 be it a custom theme or an .cia of an official theme

If it's a custom theme when I install it through menuhax manager it shows up on my sysnand but not in the emunand, and after I do that it disables ctrbootmanager for some reason.

and when I install a .cia of a theme, apply the theme through the theme menu it opens and it looks great and all that but when I reboot I cant enter ctrbootmanager and sometimes the theme dissapears entirely.

am I doomed to a themeless future?

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the menuhax is on your sysnand so it should not mess iut up if you install custom theme on sysnand

having menuhax on sysnand like its suppose to be, I just put a .cia installed theme on emunand and when I reboot ctrbootmanager doesnt work

sorry for being a bother its that im at the end of my rope here

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, download the chmm cia, put on root of sd card, after that boot into emunand, open fbi and install chmm

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, download the chmm cia, put on root of sd card, after that boot into emunand, open fbi and install chmm

with what I heard and said, CHMM doesnt work with menuhax, and when I tried to use chmm I get a "Error:[string "?"]:111: cannot initialize Sound Module as I enter the .cia

this is hell.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you using menu hax, I told you to use fbi to install chmm. And also did you make a an empty folder called 'themes' on your sd?

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, what I meant is (sorry for not being clear) is that when I installed chmm I opened it and I get an error when I press power to "start chmm" I get an error like I said earlier

and yes I have a themes folder with the theme inside, which used to work in emunand 9.2

Last edited by marcelperez24,

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! which used to work in emunand 9.2 when I applied a theme in that firmware, after I updated all the problems I've stated above have happened

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me CHMM always freezes when i use menuhax or browser hax
exactly.
to recap for anyone willing to help (hopefully or dreadfully having the same problem), applying a theme be it through .cia or as a custom theme through menuhax causes ctrbootmanager to stop working until I return to the no theme/white/basic theme and in custom theme delete and re install menuhax on sysnand.

When I apply a custom theme through ccm2 or menuhax, it doesnt show up in emunand 10.3, but does show up in the 9.2 sysnand causing the ctrbootmanager problem as stated before

using a .cia theme, it removes my ability to enter through ctrbootmanager (aka pressing L when booting up) and the theme sometimes removes itself where I have to reapply it.

In conclusion I havent heard of a single person with this problem so maybe its just my bad luck. I feel like giving up since im not going to format my 3ds to rehack after all the hardwork I went through.

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a similar problem on a downgraded 2ds earlier this evening until I unlinked the nands.
I never understood what unlinking nands mean, where do I do it? and how did the problem fix itself, you apply themes through .cia or menuhax/ccm2?

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never understood what unlinking nands mean, where do I do it? and how did the problem fix itself, you apply themes through .cia or menuhax/ccm2?

Unlinking the nands involves formatting the system in sysnand with the sd card removed.

I was trying to use one of the basic color themes and it killed menuhax every time. Reinstalling menuhax gave me the default theme in emunand. I assume that since they were linked they were sharing theme information.

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlinking the nands involves formatting the system in sysnand with the sd card removed.

I was trying to use one of the basic color themes and it killed menuhax every time. Reinstalling menuhax gave me the default theme in emunand. I assume that since they were linked they were sharing theme information.

i'll try this right now. hope I get results. all my games and saves files are in the sd card so formatting the 3ds wont do anything right?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an idea, may not work but let's try it, open up nintendo official themes app, and just choose a random black or red theme. After that exit and try opening chmm again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr