Can't install Preloader - "root

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djepic112, Nov 21, 2009.

Nov 21, 2009
  1. djepic112
    OP

Newcomer djepic112 Newbie

United States
    Sigh. I'm very new to all this and am only doing it so that I can get a copy-protected save to work. I'm running the latest version of the Wii firmware on my console (4.2). I was able to instal HBC (yay) but I'm having a problem getting the Preloader v0.30 to install. Here is the error message I keep getting: "failed to get root, aborting mission."
    What am I doing wrong? I feel so dumb for having all this issue because there are probably loads of dumb questions asked here every day. I'm sorry.

2. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
  3. djepic112
    OP

United States
    I still have that "root" problem. I'm SO CONFUSED. I just want the following save to work damn it. Can anyone remove the lock on it?
    http://wiisave.com/?dlid=3425

I guess I need to install cIOS or something? Someone here said that HBC alone is not enough? Sigh.

4. Sabin_Figaro

Member Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    do you have ios 249?

5. djepic112
    OP

United States
    I don't think so.. what is that? I'm completely brand new to this so as you can imagine, any casual gamer would be so confused. Please direct me to how I can get "ios 249." Is that required for pre loader to work?

Posts merged

I don't think so.. what is that? I'm completely brand new to this so as you can imagine, any casual gamer would be so confused. Please direct me to how I can get "ios 249." Is that required for pre loader to work?

6. Sabin_Figaro

Colombia
    to install priiloader you need a pathed ios with es identify or a custom IOS.

I upgraded to 4.2 using safe updater, then ran priiloader installer. Said that could not move system ios, aborting mission.

Run this http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 under your own risk. IOS249 will allow the wii t5o run backuploaders and usb loaders

after installing 249, run priiloader installer and to install press B and the + button

7. The Pink Gato

Member The Pink Gato GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You need the preloader-v0.29-jodi.dol. Google it.

Once you have the v0.29 file, go to apps, preloader, and rename "boot.dol" to boot2.dol and rename "preloader-v0.29-jodi.dol" to boot.dol.
    go to hbc and install preloader v0.29.
    turn off wii and take out sd card.
    go to apps folder in sd card, and rename "boot.dol(v0.29)" to preloader-v0.29-jodi.dol and rename "boot2.dol(v0.30)" to boot.dol.
    go to hbc and click on preloader, and load it.
    install it.
    you now have preloader v0.30 on your Wii! [​IMG]

8. djepic112
    OP

United States
    I'm installing the Tracha bug right now but I can't complete the steps. I don't see "system titles" on step 13. Sigh. http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249
    I'm very confused still and frustrated. I guess it's just not worth it for this one damn save. I've already invested 2 hours into doing this hack stuff. Can any of you just edit the save file and remove the lock? I would appreciate that SO MUCH.

9. Sabin_Figaro

Colombia
    which one of the step 13? are you pressing right? did you remove the gc controllers and memcards?