Hacking Can't Install Games wo Wii

NathanJC82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have been running CFG USB Loader on my Wii for almost a year now, and it has been running backups on my 1TB Western Digital MyBook quite smoothly. Recently, I tried to add some games to the HDD by imstalling them by disc. When I insert a disc (Original Copy, same region as my console, not a burnt disc) it spins up, says it is OK, but then says it is not a valid Wii disc....

What am I doing wrong? This happens with all discs.

NathanJC82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a WiiKey Fusion, and it is disabled (SD Card removed from WiiKey slot - Wii DVD Drive won't work with it enabled anyway) and it still won't work... I installed a couple of games about three months ago on my system, and I haven't really changed my configuration, just updated CFG USB Loader to v6.0, but I get the same problem with other USB lunchers, USB Loader GX, WiiFlow etc...

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Optical drives are modern console main flaw that is why USB loading is awesome for making them live a longer life. If you use burned disk your optical drive WILL wear out faster. The fact that you have a modchip proves that you have used burned disk before so your drive is gone... Buy a new one or a new wii(Better off with a new wii youll have 2!).

NathanJC82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
Optical drives are modern console main flaw that is why USB loading is awesome for making them live a longer life. If you use burned disk your optical drive WILL wear out faster. The fact that you have a modchip proves that you have used burned disk before so your drive is gone... Buy a new one or a new wii(Better off with a new wii youll have 2!).

The thing is, I bought my WiiKey Fusion only months after buying my Wii and I never put a burned disc in it! I bought the WiiKey Fusion solely to put games into the SD Card adapter and use them from there. I bought my 1TB Western Digital MyBook not long after, and I have been only playing games of that HDD ever since. It's only been recently I've noticed original discs will not install to my HDD...

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like a pain in the butt, but it will work. Go in and remove the chip, revirginize the wii, and softmod it with modmii, once done add cleanrip to the apps folder, and so long as your dvd drive is not dead you will be able to add games to your hdd. Note you may be able to skip the revirginize step but you would have to talk with XFlak about that. Hope this helps.

NathanJC82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ddetkowski said:
Your drive is dead.

My drive is far from dead! plays all of my original wii discs without any hiccups. Just tried cleanrip and it works! thanks elmoreas!
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.