Can't install Bravely Default CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rukariouzu, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Rukariouzu
    OP

Rukariouzu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    I've... pretty much done everything I've been able to possibly think of.

I'm running Cakes CFW sysNAND AL9H 10.7.0 (and have tried 9.2.0) including tests on emuNAND.

Every time I try to install Bravely Default, even with different downloads, I get the "Invalid Signatures" flag.

I am currently running the CFW with Patched Signatures.

I have formatted and reinstalled everything twice, still no luck. No half-assing here. Lol

I have tried BBM, FBI, and NASA installations... no-go.

--

Other CIAs install fine. This is the only game I'm having problems with.

Assistance would be appreciated... :c

Last edited by Rukariouzu, Apr 13, 2016
  2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    1) do you have 4GB of free space (after putting the CIA on your sd card)
    2) have you tried using a different cia installer (bigbluemenu usually works where fbi fails, vise versa)

3. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Edited the post to include what installers I've used. On the other hand I'm using a 32GB card. I'm not sure how much space I have.

EDIT: I have 10GB free with the CIA on the card.

Last edited by Rukariouzu, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Anyone? ... Lol.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but... the larger the CIA (say, Pokemon X/Y,
    Smash Bros.,) the more often this has actually occurred. I've had issues on some, but
    attempting to reinstall it a few times usually got past the problem.

So... since Bravely Default is 3.2 (3.3?) GB's worth of data, I'm beginning to wonder if the
    sheer size is preventing it from installing correctly.

... if that's the case, if you have Bravely Default installed as a CIA, what did you use and
    what kind of SD card do you have? What type of system configuration were you using?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OQWIEJG;LAKDSJG'ALSJG!!!!!!!!!

HOLY JEEZ...

After around 5 days of repeatedly attempts to install it, I finally succeeded.

Honestly, there was probably nothing wrong with my console or the CIA at all... just that large CIAs love to fail... countlessly.

That said, I used BBM successfully. Good luck to ya'll.

Last edited by Rukariouzu, Apr 14, 2016
  5. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Bravely Default (the uncensored one
    I just used FBI to install the uncensored CIA. on my n3ds, my SD card is a Lexar 16 gb (bought it for like $20 at some store) with a 32kb cluster size. (cant remember what i used to setup emunand, but it probably set all this correctly)

Rukariouzu likes this.
  6. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I just got it to install after 5 days or reattempts. (read above.)

But essentially, yeah, my SD Card was formatted to those parameters, and ... yeah. I don't know why it hated me.

7. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    I use DevMenu normally to install games (though I may give FBI v2 a shot). My memory card is setup by emuNAND9 for formatting and is 32GB class 10 SanDisk. I've only had one game fail to install once it reached 100% and found that it failed on all consoles I tried it on so I assumed a bad copy of the CIA. Never had issues with any other CIA install.