Hacking Can't install any .cia file to SysNAND, working on EmuNAND

shabarai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I finally managed to install emuNAND on my N3DS XL but I have a really frustrating issue. Whenever I try to install any .cia file to my SysNAND (via FBI loaded from Homebrew Launcher after opening PastaCFW to do its patches), it won't install but it's working fine on emuNAND.
I'm on 9.2 both on SysNAND and on EmuNAND. Am I doing something wrong?
BTW I'm trying to install Alpha Sapphire v.1.4 Update and FBI.cia but both have the same issue. Installs are successful, but when i get to the Home Menu there is not an FBI icon, and when I load AS, it's on v1.0 despite not saying I need to update the game.

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd assume after installing it using Pasta, you then boot up the home menu pasta again? Because they'll only show up in your home menu when you've literally just used Pasta.

If so, no idea.

shabarai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd assume after installing it using Pasta, you then boot up the home menu pasta again? Because they'll only show up in your home menu when you've literally just used Pasta.

If so, no idea.
Didn't know that, so FBI (or any .cia I install via FBI to sysNAND) is supposed to show up only if I start Pasta?
EDIT: Working, thanks. Is there a way to boot games installed with .cia files, without using Pasta every time?

Last edited by shabarai,

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't know that, so FBI (or any .cia I install via FBI to sysNAND) is supposed to show up only if I start Pasta?
EDIT: Working, thanks. Is there a way to boot games installed with .cia files, without using Pasta every time?
That's with coldboot emunand is for. Install all cia files to emunand, and they'll show up on startup.
Look into either rxTools coldboot guides, or CakesFW, or Reinand.

shabarai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's with coldboot emunand is for. Install all cia files to emunand, and they'll show up on startup.
Look into either rxTools coldboot guides, or CakesFW, or Reinand.
Yes but I'm from a different SD card, I need this SD to be clean and to be able to boot updated games without going to Homebrew Launcher. I tried updating the game via eShop but when i try to boot from Home Menu just doesn't load the update.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but I'm from a different SD card, I need this SD to be clean and to be able to boot updated games without going to Homebrew Launcher.

That's impossible. It may be that the games itself require a firmware > 9.2. In that case, it doesn't matter if you've updated the game. Also, you don't need to boot CFW via homebrew launcher. The bottom line is, you need to be on CFW with signatures patched to be able to load up any installed .cia file.

shabarai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's impossible. It may be that the games itself require a firmware > 9.2. In that case, it doesn't matter if you've updated the game. Also, you don't need to boot CFW via homebrew launcher. The bottom line is, you need to be on CFW with signatures patched to be able to load up any installed .cia file.
The game itself is Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, when I launch it from SysNAND after PastaCFW, I can boot the game just fine with patch 1.4 applied, I can't launch the updated version from SysNAND without PastaCFW despite having downloaded the update from eShop via Homebrew Launcher spoofing.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so confused reading this thread, then I realized that @shabarai and @shaneod were two separate posters in the thread!

The game itself is Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, when I launch it from SysNAND after PastaCFW, I can boot the game just fine with patch 1.4 applied, I can't launch the updated version from SysNAND without PastaCFW despite having downloaded the update from eShop via Homebrew Launcher spoofing.
Yep, that's because the update was installed unsigned, and cannot be run unless you're running a CFW like PastaCFW.

shabarai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was so confused reading this thread, then I realized that @shabarai and @shaneod were two separate posters in the thread!

Yep, that's because the update was installed unsigned, and cannot be run unless you're running a CFW like PastaCFW.
If I update to 10.3 and than download the updates than downgrade again to 9.2 will it work?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I update to 10.3 and than download the updates than downgrade again to 9.2 will it work?
Maybe! I wouldn't really recommend it though: You can just keep using EmuNAND to play the game online: That's one of the larger reasons why EmuNAND exists!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over